long cruise curious

GoldenMotor.com

txlixard469

Feb 21, 2011
austin
how far can a 2 stroke go as far as long trips ? I wouldnt mind goin to see my mother she lives 78.63 miles away please inform me bout it. txlixard469usflgusflgusflg

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
It depends entirely on how well your bike's built - a good way to look at it is, have you ridden 100 miles before w/o a problem - even if spread out over a coupla days? If so, yer golden as the engine itself has no sense of time, 100 miles in five days or 100 miles in one trip is all the same to it.

If however yer still in the dial-in & tinkering phase, then ya might wanna get that sorted before any "epic" journeys ;)

It's a still good idea to carry some basic tools & spare masterlink & tube, even some of yer fave 2 stroke oil on the longer trips - Murphy loves bikes heh

txlixard469

Feb 21, 2011
austin
I,ve had a few problems like right now I'm hopin that after my parts get here (magneto and cdi. ) that'll be all of my worries but till friday I'm stuck in limbo. I've had my MB for a couple of months been havin problems cuz of my not assembling it correctly .Like not putting a motor mount on the front and jus using a ratchet strap to sacure it to frameand my carb was jus bungied on cuz the o-ring inside dried up and chipped away . Now that I got a new carb and chain( bigger 415) I'm hoping this last buy of a magneto and cdi. I will be back on the road