diy bikes in wisco**the rebuild

GoldenMotor.com

kev1n

Sep 25, 2009
wisconsin
i have finally got around to rebuilding my mb, i'm really happy with how it turned out. i rebuit with aluminum instead of the heavy steel before, also a new stainless exhaust pipe. i had to redo the manual clutch, which is working great.i'm still trying to figure a better way to to lift engine, but this will work till i figure out one of my other ideas. i built a spindle for speed with one of my keyed spindles then i used goalie practice hockey pucks 2.5" . i drilled, keyed, and then pressed them on with j.b weld. i'm very happy with how it turned out, and it's as fast as i'd hoped. i have a few other spindles and tires i can use for lower torque and wet/slippery terrain. it's a tecumseh 2.5hp 85cc toro s200 snowblower engine, which is almost bullit proof. they can be had for cheap, and i'm on the lookout for a backup engine or another project. i would appreciate any input on improvements or critism. thanks for looking

Attachments

Last edited:

kev1n

Sep 25, 2009
wisconsin
thanks dan, i was getting 27 mph with the 1.5 " spindles with torque to pull a mule from a stop. i haven't done an actual speed check on this 2.5" setup yet. i't feels like 38mph and needs 7mph to get going. i've thought about a lever before, but useing a long bar next to the frame to reduce the pulling power might be the ticket. maybe go down to a pulley then up to the bar.the wheels are a turning. good idea dan

kev1n

Sep 25, 2009
wisconsin
Kev

Nice Job Of It! Look`s Dependable And Bullet Proof System.

Ron
thanks ron, there's still some weakness where it mounts to the frame. i need to at least get a backing plate on the other side of the main mount. potholes are rough with a rigid frame. i've been hopeing to find a bike with suspension before i redo that mount with aluminum. it's really hard finding a front shock for this bike, it's 1". i'm gonna order those locking brake levers on monday and try to fab a clutch with a new lighter, smaller, maybe longer bar with the pully mounted on the frame somewhere below the bar. maybe add a guide so the bar stays close to frame and isn't a hazard. i'm hopeing for more an inch of cable pull from those levers so i can swap spindles without an issue.i'll get some pics up when it's working.
thanks kev1n