How to build a transportable motorized bike?

GoldenMotor.com
Jul 22, 2008
Northglenn,Colorado
How about take the train and bring money to buy a scooter then sell it when you are done with it.
I'm sure there has to be another way here. People have done this before.
Maybe you should think about forgetting the train entirely and do it motor-cross style on some dirt bikes.

starrunner

May 12, 2008
vintageboatplans.com
Hi, I just registered here because I see that there are plenty of experience with little motors to apply on a bike. First of all excuse me for my english, i'm from italy and it's not my language.

Me and my gf would like to travel accross the Black Sea next year with foldable bikes, which fit well in a large backpack. We're thinking about motorizing those bikes.

We have to do some 2000-3000km so we need reliable motors, but I don't know much about this and that's why I ask you.
I thought about a chainsaw 50cc motor, simple to mount on the rear tyre, and transportable as well. Do you think it will last for 3000km?
We're goin to stay on the bike for 4-5 or maybe 6 hours a day, I don't know if this type of engine can afford this long operational time.
A classic 50cc bycicle oriented engine how long will last?
We're just planning next summer holidays, so if it's not worth we'll go by motorbike but the idea of taking the airplane and then have a motorized bike there is more fascinating me :D

I also saw the Revopower kit, anyone has tested it?

:ride2:
Welcome. Your English is actually much better than many Americans I know haha. Revopower went bankrupt and their website is dead. All that hoopla and nothing.
I think any kind of motorized bike, gas or electric, would be very heavy carrying in a backpack! You'll have the bike, the motor and the batteries. And 6 hours a day would be very demanding of any motorized bike. I think you're asking for a miracle.

DARK-RIDER-82

Mar 24, 2009
Romania
Welcome. Your English is actually much better than many Americans I know haha. Revopower went bankrupt and their website is dead. All that hoopla and nothing.
I think any kind of motorized bike, gas or electric, would be very heavy carrying in a backpack! You'll have the bike, the motor and the batteries. And 6 hours a day would be very demanding of any motorized bike. I think you're asking for a miracle.
man , THAT'S SAD to hear ...