Trexlertown 2013 Classic Bike Swap Meet pics

GoldenMotor.com

atombikes

Feb 14, 2010
Northern VA
I was in the general area this weekend so decided to stop into this swap meet. It's the first Sunday of every October.

Here are some pics.

Saw this sweet Indian bike, anyone on the site? I didn't get a chance to speak with the owner.

sooo sweet....appeared to be a 20" Pacemaker. Owner said he wanted $3500.

atombikes

Feb 14, 2010
Northern VA
Thanks, Dan.

There were some definite deals there. I will no longer consider buying a vintage bicycle on ebay knowing that there are swap meets like this one out there. I *almost* bought a Cleveland-made Roadmaster with springer fork for $60...still kicking myself for not doing it, but I gotta finish the bike I have first.

There was an interesting 60s-70s Schwinn frame with a single bent top tube selling for $20 for the complete bike.

Man that Roadmaster was ratty buy so nice.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
LOL Atom. Made me think of a thing. Went to a bike show, swap meet with some folks from here a few yrs back. Saw this tandem from 190.. some thing. Was really cool. The front and rear handle bars were mechanically linked so both turned in unison. So naturally, I wanted to motorize her and put a life sized clown doll on the front and drive and steer from the aft seat. I just thought that was gonna be really funny.

But I got talked out of it "'cause that would be just plane wrong to do that to a classic old bike"

Still kicking myself, ayup. The thing was in really bad shape and I kinda doubt any one would restore her.