Is my banana seat right?

GoldenMotor.com

donphantasmo

Oct 3, 2010
Middleburg, FL
I just put this seat on today. It doesn't look or feel right. It looks like I put the sissy bar on facing the wrong way.

Am I right? or am I wrong??

The third picture is a lot better. It's a sideways (profile) view.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

:-||

Attachments

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Yep, sissy bar is on backwards.
I like the looks of the banana seats but they can get a little uncomfortable after a few miles. If you know anyone that does upholstery work have them recover the saddle and use high density foam under the covering. Most stock seats are too hard for us adults.

Tom

donphantasmo

Oct 3, 2010
Middleburg, FL
2door, I only ride once or twice every week. It's really to "put-put" around the neighborhood pulling a trailer with my 2 daughters. It's really just for fun. I will admit, the Banana seat isn't as comfortable as my aftermarket saddle. I can re upholster the seat myself, with some nicer foam or gel on it. But, for now, this will probably be ok.

But, Thanks for dropping me a line. I thought that thing looked weird like that..

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Don,
Actually the sissy bar can be mounted any way that satisfies you. In fact I have one on a chopper that is mounted like yours but the seat sets further to the rear and the bar angles back so it looks right, and the shape dictated the bar be mounted that way. It's your bike and you can make it look like YOU want it to.

Just a suggestion but you might consider a lay-back seat post. That will move things to the rear a little and make the bike slightly more comfortable, especially if you have long legs.

Yeah, for short rides that seat will do you fine. Nice looking build by the way.
Tom

Last edited: