So Lucky!

GoldenMotor.com

tigmaster

Jul 17, 2011
ann arbor
new 99cc predator with a true 5/8" shaft

Hey gang...I bought another one...99 Predator that is,and was looking at AGKs site They have a teardown of the 99 to remove the Gov. so first thing I did was strip this puppy down to its carcase...Removed the carb and the plastic spacer from the head,and can't belive My eyes...The size of the port is almost.720 and the carb and spacer only has a .540 hole!Thats a BIG diff!...I was thinking about a swap to a carb from a 6.5 blue clone on a hand whittled spacer...I punched out the Gov. pivot pin,tapped the hole 1/4 20 and locktighted a 3/8 long button head cap bolt in there...pulled the crank sprayed it with brake clean and using the Mic. on the shaft....Heres the lucky part...Its .625!....Maybe the first batch to hit the stores were the bastard size,.630 or 16 mm !...Now a stock M/T clutch will fit with no futzzin around!...Picked up a new bike too,a Schwinn Riverside 7 speeder,great brakes, nice rims, good spring style seat and a rack on the back!...Its a little more money than the Legacy but has all of the upgrades already....Can't wait to stitch the Predator into this,wondering about running it like a shifter bike with the 7 speeds....(p)..Tigmaster....

Last edited:

tigmaster

Jul 17, 2011
ann arbor
Bought a new MaxTorque 5/8" clutch today and it slipped right on!...Not a bit of trouble..also got some bearings and mounts and some shaft for use on a jack shaft setup...going to use My Legacy for the mockup of the mount,get the chain line and such worked out...Then transfer it to the Riverside...I also picked up was a part thats used on a Manco minibike,Its a 5/8"hole 36 and 12 tooth combo to give some gear reduction...11 on clutch to the 36 then 12 to the 60 rear..11/36=3.272 then 12/60=5.0 3.272x5.0=16.363 to 1 kinda low but its just to put around on.... not a "Racer" more of a "Slowrider".....(p)..Tigmaster....

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
that will give you a max of 23.6 mph @ 5000rpm

is this a tractor or a motorized bike?
change the 12 tooth to a 16 tooth and you get 12.27-1 and 31.5 mph @ 5000 rpm
a cruizing speed of 3500 rpm would give you 22.1 mph
get lot more mpg using a 16tooth

just something to think about

tigmaster

Jul 17, 2011
ann arbor
Well I would but the 36 and 12 are welded on the same hub....I'm going to swap out the 11 to a 15 on the clutch,with that change I'll have a 12 to 1 and will give Me 32.2 mph, more than enough speed to pull Me around A2s hills....Tigmaster....

Last edited:

tigmaster

Jul 17, 2011
ann arbor
Clutch sprocket is a eazy swap,the rear I have is a "Fixed/Freewheel hub and I made the sprocket(60) from a blank and a fixed bike sprocket tig welded together...I will get a smaller one(40 or 45) drilled for My disc brake hub mounting setup going on the riverside....Tigmaster....

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
you will tear the gears right out of the hub it will not take the power of a pred
Interesting assessment, so you think a non-shifting 4-stroke even a 99cc will shred a bicycle direct drive system?

I sure hope not, gasbike/kings is out of 4-stroke kits (2-4 weeks they said today) but my local harbor freight has 99cc predators on sale for $99, I want to JS it to a 3-speed internal but no tranny available either and I want to go 'belt cush' like a GT4 on top of my other 'cush' design drive component.

If you guys are hitting low 30's top speed and have to pedal the low end dogish 4-stroke motors up to operating speed that is not what I want to build for my own personal ride.

I'll check with Paul and Jim at Sickbikes and see if that motor will mount on their 4S shift kit, but I still need a tranny for a reduced ratio and 'cush', any suggestions?

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Thanks IB, but ouch...

Sub-Total: $379.99
Federal Express (1 x 58.8lbs) (Ground Service (3 days)): $35.07
Total: $415.06

That's a tough nut to swallow on top of the $200 SBP 4S shift kit and then a good 3-speed bike.
That's Lynn's site right?
Maybe I can shave a few bucks but buying the standard kits mount plate, drive and BB assembly, the SBP kit supplies them.

I can live with ~$325 delivered without the parts I don't need, what do you think?