Hello from Michigan!

GoldenMotor.com

bokrom999

Sep 17, 2009
Michigan
Hi there everyone, I thought I'd make a quick thread to introduce myself. My name is Zachary, I'm 16 and from Michigan. I'm interested in a motorized bicycle just because it seems like a bunch of fun. I'm really not that knowledgeable when it comes to bicycles or motors, so I thought I should seek advice on a forum before running into this project without a clue.

The two most important components I want my bike to have are speed and style. I've been researching the past few weeks about what kind of bikes are best to motorize, and although mountain bikes are not the optimal choice apparently, that's what I'm holding out for. I was wondering if the pros could take a lot at the bike and motor kit I plan on purchasing and tell me if there any immediate problems you see.

The bike is a Schwinn Aluminum Comp 26" Men's Mountain Bike, and the motor kit is the Black Stallion 66cc/80cc from King's Motor Bikes.

Are there any issues you see right away with this bike and motor combination? If so, let me know. Thanks in advance! :D

Last edited:

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Welcome to the forum, Z. I have no opinion on your bike choice since I'm a cruiser guy and more interested in reliable and smooth than top speed. Nicely written introduction, young man.
Silverbear