Nooo!!! I'm screwed :(

GoldenMotor.com

Juanzx

May 3, 2012
Los Angeles ,Norwalk
Hey you guys I barely been using my bike I bought of Craigslist I love the thing to death but last night while I was cruising the pedal came off. I said no piggy when I get home I'll fix it. Just to find out that the crank shaft where the pedals go was stripped :( its the right one where the chain star is..... Can this be fixed ? Or do I have to change everything I'm scared of changing everything because I don't know if I can put back the motor please help :( .duh.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
You can likely remove the crank without removing the engine. Changing out a pedal crank is a 15 minute job.

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
While the others are also correct, the easiest to do is what Bikeguy Joe suggested. It is an easy job to change a pedal crank.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
As the others have said, the pedal crank is not a real priority to us.
We use it for starting, and to keep legal.

Otherwise, if it will hang on there good enough to work as a footrest, all is well!

I would strike an arc on the steel parts, to keep it all hangin on there so you can ride!
Pick up a cheap used bike for parts at a thrift store, yardsale, or I pull em out of dumpsters at the big apartment complexes... high turnover rate...

There's maybe 1/2 dozen common design styles that may, or may not interchange.
Hope you got one that is common???

Yah, pics DO help a lot!
Good luck
rc

...I just looked... U r in Norwalk? I vacationed there many, many years ago... there's gotta be lots of bicycle parts around there! It's a BIG city! surrounded by BIGGER ones!

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
after seeing the video... I see more problems then just a pedal on the crank like not using a 36 spoke wheel with a ragjoint. broken spokes are sure to come and a ruined wheel

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
They can fix the stripped crank at the bike shop, they basically helli coil it for like 20 bucks
...but I'll bet it will be cheaper to buy a used crank arm from bike junk yard or flea market.

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Since I'm partial to cruisers, I would. But remember that to mount a HT in a cruiser correctly, you will need something then the OEM mount for the front mount. The front OEM mount won't mount squarely on the tube. There are a number of options out there.

bluegiant

May 1, 2012
Poland
Hi.
You have to change pedal arm with the "plate". Don't try to glue it - waste of time. Also, on the other side you should change pedal arm.
Try to look for a tool (to take this off) on ebay, it's not very expensive. In Poland is cheap and helpfull.
This is the link to Polish "ebay" called Allegro. Take a look at this tool and find similar (or exactly the same) on ebay.
http://allegro.pl/klucz-super-b-do-korby-tb-6618-sciagacz-uniwersal-i2261995918.html
You don't have to understand language. Just take a look at the pictures. ;)

Oil out of the muffler is normal when 2 stroke engine is new.
Simply too much oil in petrol, but it have to be this way for at least 200 miles.

Btw...
Where is the rear brake of your bike? :)

Pozdrawiam
bluegiant

Last edited: