Just got a GEBE and I like it.

GoldenMotor.com

Roadkill

Feb 14, 2009
Roadkill, USA
As you can see from my avatar I have only been here a few years and not that often. This is a short pro-con for GEBE after spinning 60 miles or so on my first belt..

Bike is a Ridge Runner by DiamondBack..
Engine is a 35cc Honda GX

I am switching from a Staton friction that is still working great. I switched for reasons of rain and snow coming soon.

What I noticed after switching to GEBE mounted on 14mm spokes is the smooth ride it offers. There is also more torque when you hit the throttle. Very smooth ride. I really get a lot of positive attention from the belt drive look as well. I think with the 13 tooth gear I get less gas mileage than with the Staton. I see at least a 1/3rd or more increase in fuel consumption. I advise mounting an external tank possibly the Go-Ped one shown in these forums or the one gallon gas container. The friction drive I had been using for the past several months was I believe the 1.5" roller. It is the largest one I think.. I Just thought I should make the observation of fuel consumption and GEBE vs friction. I may also be fixing my Robin 35 and ordering a Tanaka for comparison. One more thing.. The GEBE does not hardly ever bog down the GX as often as the friction kit did. I suspect this kit will provide longer engine life as well.

Questions.. Does anybody know how to center the GEBE belt perfectly on the 13 tooth drive gear? I imagine it may be rubbing.

I was also wondering if I should flip the belt like rotating car tires for added life span?

Has anyone ever compared GEBE to chain drives and checked the fuel consumption benefits vs speed?

I hope all are well here that once chatted this stuff with me.

sno.

.mbcsb

.flg.

Roadkill

Feb 14, 2009
Roadkill, USA
Today I noticed that the belt has been rubbing against the GEBE support engine mount so I bent the entire engine stand a tad to compensate and get the belt closer to center on the drive gear. Seriously thinking about busting out with the welder. If I do make a FrankenGEBE I will be posting some pictures. Right now it looks boring. Changed the oil to Synthetic 10-30 Quaker State. GX-35.. I might consider welding a small cross bar about 2" or so to keep the engine mount from swaying to the right. I will try and succeed where Sam failed.

Electric Front hub might be sweet for starting off trips and such.

.duh.