NR 750 / wireless speedometer interference?

GoldenMotor.com

ssvincels1

Jun 3, 2012
hstn tx
I was wondering if anyone else has had problems with the light causing their wireless speedometers to not read(specialized )?
I recently installed the nr 750 ( awesome light!), however, I am getting no speed reading with the light turned on, turn light off and the speed again reads correctly.

The battery is currently mounted on the steering stem which is currently located between the speed pickup and the wireless computer, do you think it would be helpful to move it as far as possible from the speed pickup?

thanks

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Your problem is the RF signal from the engine ignition system. This is an old problem that has been around since motorized bikes with CDI ignition became popular.

Use the Google Custom Search feature, keyword, speedometer' and you'll see what others have done to address the problem.
Good luck.
Tom

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I was wondering if anyone else has had problems with the light causing their wireless speedometers to not read(specialized )?
I recently installed the nr 750 ( awesome light!), however, I am getting no speed reading with the light turned on, turn light off and the speed again reads correctly.

The battery is currently mounted on the steering stem which is currently located between the speed pickup and the wireless computer, do you think it would be helpful to move it as far as possible from the speed pickup?

thanks
It will make a difference relocating the battery further away from it's current location. I've had the same problems using a NiteRider headlight and a wireless computer on 2-strokes and 4-strokes. You'll have to play with repositioning the battery (further away from the other instraments and possibly the headlight itself as well. You'll need the extension cable from NR for sure. Good luck and have patience, you'll get it working right.

ssvincels1

Jun 3, 2012
hstn tx
thanks for the help guys!

definately going to move the battery and go from there.

i originally had replaced my bell wireless due to this same problem looks like there was no problem with that unit after all.... oh well got a spare now.