Sad Prophecy Of The End!

GoldenMotor.com

cosmickid

Sep 11, 2011
planet earth
The poor losers of the last election are trying to blame the Union for refusing to take another paycut.
They fail to mention that the wage cuts for the union employees/workers are less
than the CEO & upper management's multi-millions of dollars in salary, bonuses & perks
that are not on the table.
It boils down to the 'Conservative/Capitalists' lost, so they're going to make sure that everyone pays, even if they have to destroy the country to do so.

cosmickid

Sep 11, 2011
planet earth
Too bad the Union is blamed for the demise, when the CEO & management didn't offer to take comparable wage and benefit cuts to share the burden.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
The poor losers of the last election are trying to blame the Union for refusing to take another paycut.
They fail to mention that the wage cuts for the union employees/workers are less
than the CEO & upper management's multi-millions of dollars in salary, bonuses & perks
that are not on the table.
It boils down to the 'Conservative/Capitalists' lost, so they're going to make sure that everyone pays, even if they have to destroy the country to do so.
Too bad the Union is blamed for the demise, when the CEO & management didn't offer to take comparable wage and benefit cuts to share the burden.
I concur!
The rich are doing a great job of convincing people that they're not the ones responsible for the looting of our country! :(

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I'm not siding with either side, but after being a Teamster in my younger days, I can tell you our union was totally corrupt, and it sounds like this union was more of the same.

It was against union rules for delivery trucks to carry bread, and twinkies on the same truck. Justify that.

cosmickid

Sep 11, 2011
planet earth
biknut,
I've stood on both sides of the bargaining table over the decades as a union member or as a replacement worker. When the Unions allowed Reagan to fire the Air Traffic Controllers en-mass, they rang the death knell for organized labor. Over the past 20+ years the results of most labor actions has resulted in the loss of benefits & wages from the laborer, the action of the Union has been to keep the loss to the worker minimum.
True some Unions and locals have been or are known for corruption on some level,
but I have a difficult time bringing to mind any political organization that is squeaky clean.
And YES, labor actions ARE political/class struggle. Pitting the Worker(Proletariat) against Management(Bourgeois).

As to justifying twinkies not being allowed to be delivered in the same load as bread, oy vay!, what can I say? There must have been a logical reason at the time of the rule being put into effect, but what it was???????????????????????????????????????

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I will miss Twinkies!

"....But Twinkies aren't just for kids. Remember Archie Bunker? He had Edith put a Twinkie in his lunch box every day. He called them “The White Man’s Soul Food.” Twinkies have appeared in movies such as the appropriately titled “Grease” and “Die Hard.” The White House even put a Twinkie in its National Millennium Time Capsule. They called Twinkies “an object of enduring American symbolism.” Just think, when the capsule is opened in 2100, ones will be able to see Louis Armstrong’s trumpet, a piece of the Berlin Wall, the literary works of William Faulkner … and … a Twinkie!"

http://www.nwherald.com/2012/11/23/penkava-in-the-twinkie-of-an-eye-an-icon-is-gone/amhzrxb/

Just and FYI. There is a South American version that tastes just like they did 30 years ago. I plan on setting up an international smuggling ring to bring them to the north.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
My prediction? This will all blow over and Twinkies will still be with us. Even if they're contract packaged by another company. I have to wonder if it isn't another brilliant marketing ploy. Remember 'New Coke'?

Tom

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
If you buy them they will make them.

A declining interest in junk food is as much to blame as the unions and the management.

I don't eat that stuff, so I don't really care.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Mike! How can you say some thing so disparaging about such a fine, food like product!?

It is so chuck full of preservatives, when they dig it up in 2100, it will still be a viable food like and sort of editable treat!

Kidding. You make a good point. Just another end of an era sort of thing, I guess.

(still gonna miss em)

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Pot becomes legal in Colorado, and twinkies go out of business at the same time. Does anybody see the irony in this?