GoldenMotor.com

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I couldn't live with myself if I didn't give all you guys here a
shot at buying the best bike in the world built by the best bike
builder in the entire world!!! :D

Personally I think $1100 is way too cheap for such awesomeness. :)

==========================================
What? $1100.39 for a beach cruiser with a motor on it?

I know what you're thinking, "this guy's nuts. I can go to walmart and buy a bike for 89.99 and a motor kit for a hundred and build it myself..."

well, go do it then, smart guy. go build yourself a piece of **** that will be collecting dust in the garage after every cheap-ass china part breaks off it.

or...

buy this freakin' awesome, one of a kind bike. built by the best bike builder in the entire world! (that's me, by the way.)

the frame and fork were made by Colson in ohio in the 40's, out of steel (that was also made in america, not like today were it all comes from friggen india or PRC.)

the frame's been stripped so the awesome brazing shows through, and it's been clear-coated and some see-thru orange darts painted up front.

custom half-gallon tank, handmade outta copper. the recycling value alone is at least 5 bucks!

raw steel Worksman wheels with 11g spokes, front drum brake and rear shimano coaster, with just enough rust to give it that cool old timey patina.

Sportsman Flyer Hub adapter with a 34t sprocket. none of that crappy rubber rag joint garbage. no freakin' chain tensioner, either.

Grubee GT5, 66cc motor with custom exhaust and expansion chamber. and forget about that piece-o-crap CNS carb. it's got the reliable, simple, bulletproof NT on it. (if you want the CNS, i'll throw that in. and by "throw," i mean i'll chuck it down the street and you can get it yourself.)

custom Bairdco clutch arm,and Bairdco front motor mount spacer.

Tomaselli Superpratic B throttle. what? you don't know what a Tomaselli Superpratic B throttle is? google it. or find someone with an old Ducati. they'll tell you what's up. then they'll probably steal it from you, 'cuase it's BAD ASS!

what else is on this bike, uhhh...

your ass is gonna love this. it's got a Brooks B77 leather saddle on it, and a layback seat post.

it's also got a skiptooth chain on it. talk about old school. and it's a good chain, too. Diamond, and it was NOS when i put it on the bike so it's not all rusted and kinked.

and did you see the F'ing fenders? man, NOBODY's got fenders like this. seriously. nobody. they just don't exist outside of this bike. (well, i gotta 'nother pair stashed, but besides those, they're one...er...two af a kind.)

don't forget the Dia Compe Tech 77 levers on it. best goddamn brake levers ever made. they even have locking buttons on them.

rounding out the awesomeness are MKS pedals, renthal grips, torrington half moon bars, vintage gooseneck, and some other **** i probably forgot.

now, if you know anything about me (which if you don't, you should, 'cause i'm pretty awesome at stuff) you know i build fast bikes. so, how fast is this one?

it's not fast at all. it goes like 35, 40 if you're lucky.

why so slow?

'cause i'm selling it. that's why. i ain't about to put a 50mph+ bicycle in the hands of a total stranger. i don't want your death on my hands. i know, you could still die at 35mph, but that's your problem...

it's also registered with the state of california and has a license plate. which, despite what every moron who's trying to sell you their crappy walmart bike, IS required.

you also need a DOT helmet, an M2 endorsement on your license, and lights and crap, but that's your responsibility, not mine, i'm just selling you an awesome freakin' bike.

so come over and buy it already. i need to buy some parts for my 1960 ranchero. i'm sick of riding these stupid bikes.

PM Bairdco to buy.

and i'll be happy to have your secretary write me a check for 10 times the amount and i'll wait for your courier to pick it up. free shipping to nigeria...

Last edited:

Cavi Mike

Dec 17, 2011
Rochester, NY
I'm sorry but 1,100 for a china-powered bike? I hope this thread is a joke. Put a Morini on it and I'll think about it. It's worth $600 the way it sits and not a penny more. But hey, some idiot will buy it. Some kid on the other forum spent $500 on an OCC Schwinn so that's gotta tell you something.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I'm sorry but 1,100 for a china-powered bike? I hope this thread is a joke. Put a Morini on it and I'll think about it. It's worth $600 the way it sits and not a penny more. But hey, some idiot will buy it.
If you added up just what all the parts cost it would be over $600
They don't paint, assemble and adjust themselves.........

You obviously have no value for your own time and expertise so
what does that make you? :D
There are a lot of people who don't have the time or skills to make
a cool bike like you?

A Morini engine costs from $300 to over $600 without an exhaust
and needs a lot of custom fabricating to make it work.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I also think that bike is worth every penny! I'm sure some lucky buyer will be very happy when he takes it out for his first ride. ;)

Last edited:

Cavi Mike

Dec 17, 2011
Rochester, NY
I just paid $800 for a real motorcycle, I don't care what you think your labor is worth. And I don't know what "labor" you're talking about. You stripped the paint off and bolted some stuff together. You didn't make the frame, you didn't make the saddle, you didn't make anything on there. You just bought the parts and bolted them together. That's not labor, that's a piece of IKEA furniture. Actually, the IKEA will last longer than that china will before needing a complete teardown.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i dunno what bike you're looking at, but i made the gas tank from copper sheet and silver solder. it's a one-off custom job that took me two days.

i fitted and welded the exhaust together myself, and cut the flange out of raw steel. the only part i didn't make is the expansion chamber.

the truss rods were hand made from aluminum rods and aluminum stock for the bracket on the headset.

the wheels were bought from worksman, unlaced with raw steel rims. i laced them myself. i also modified the rear sprocket to use the vintage skip-tooth chain.

i welded a tab on the fork for the worksman drum.

the engine has a straight plug head on it that i modified to fit by drilling the holes bigger, so i could get rid of the problematic slant head. installed grade 5.5 allen bolts everwhere on the motor, re-routed the cdi to hide it under the engine, and added a vintage look plug wire (had to cut it to length and crimp an end on it) and an ngk plug.

also cleaned all the ports and smoothed the castings.

it's also got a spherical bearing clutch arm, which is my own invention, as well as a front motor mount block i designed and paid to have cnc'd, topped off with my brake noodle mod for a cleaner running clutch cable.

i hand made the license plate bracket, stripped and modified the fenders, cut a layback seat post out of some old handlebars, cut all the cables to custom lengths, using a cable-end mold i invented, stripped 70 years and 5 layers of housepaint off, painted the darts on the frame, fork and handlebars, and then assembled it all to be a clean, reliable bike.

the only major chinese parts on the bike are the engine, tires and tubes.

this list doesn't include the time it took to re-shape the end of the vintage torrington handlebars so the throttle spun freely, or getting the chains to line up properly without a tensioner (usa made Diamond #41chain on the engine, by the way,) or the minor things like reshaping the vintage brooks saddle, shimming the gooseneck to get rid of the slight rocking motion inherent in the design, mounting the fender struts with heatshrink and rubber bushings so they never rattle loose, making leather straps to hold the gas tank on for those added vintage points...

and i'm sure there's some things i forgot.

there's a 10 page build thread on this bike and the various incarnations it went through. i even took the time to walk you through how i made everything.

and i'm not worried about the labor costs. it's something i'll never get back, and i originally built this bike for myself.

when i was riding it and didn't want to sell it, i got offers over a grand all the time.

obviously, it's not worth much to a guy like you who buys a motorcycle for 800 bucks (i'm sure it's an awesome bike, too. i can't even find a decent 70's moped for that around here.) and since you're not gonna buy it (i'll ship it to new york for $200. wait... are mb's even legal in new york? no matter, you can only ride 3 months outta the year, anyway...) you really have no say in what i can sell and for how much.

but thanks again for your appraisal. next time i'm trying to talk someone down in price, i'll give you a call...

and Tom, you guys can lock this thread up whenever you want. i don't see it getting any better...:)

Last edited:

headtrama

Jul 8, 2010
california
I just paid $800 for a real motorcycle, I don't care what you think your labor is worth. And I don't know what "labor" you're talking about. You stripped the paint off and bolted some stuff together. You didn't make the frame, you didn't make the saddle, you didn't make anything on there. You just bought the parts and bolted them together. That's not labor, that's a piece of IKEA furniture. Actually, the IKEA will last longer than that china will before needing a complete teardown.
What kind of real motorcycle do you get for 800 bucks .

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
I sold a Honda V-30 Magna for $700. It was in great shape. Had 35,000 miles on it, but everything worked fine.

You can get a lot in a used motorcycle for a grand.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I ran into this link today looking for a mad magazine picture. I agree with the others here in this thread. Bairdco's bike is worth what he is asking..

had another link I wanted to post but it came out wrong.