Branson MO

GoldenMotor.com

BransonBound

Aug 31, 2010
Branson, MO
I just got off of the phone with the local PD. They told me that as long as the motor is less than 50cc and does not do more than 35mph motorized bikes are legal. You are required to wear a helmet while riding, and you are not permitted on the sidewalk. Since they are a motor vehicle, you are required to have a valid driver's license, but a motorcycle license is not required.

If the motor is 50cc or greater, then the bike is considered to be a scooter, and must be registered with the Department of Revenue. Since most bikes do not come with a VIN, this could be a problem. The officer was no help in identifying a means to get a VIN assigned to the bike. So it looks like I will be getting a 49cc motor instead of the 66cc that I had hoped for.
usflg

skjjoe

Mar 9, 2009
Boerne Texas
you have to take to the local sheriffs to get a title .This means a full safety inspection lights and general safety. I have not done it but I think you also have to have a serial # for the engine which you could stamp on there yourself. The serial # on the frame would be ok for the bike itself. either way good luck with your build.