Schwinn O.C.C. Build

GoldenMotor.com

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
I finally finished my O.C.C. I built all the modification parts, gas tank, motor mount, sprocket adaptor, exhaust, seat tube, and headlight.
I changed the skinny 24" front tire to a 3" wide 20" tire to make it handle so much better. Not the most fun build I have ever done, but I have all the bugs worked out for my next one.
Actually I built this one for my wife to get here a little closer to the ground.

John

Attachments

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
Sweet! Hope the wife likes it! So, now what you going build? Maybe, a tandam or a trike! LOL.
You know, I have been doing a little thinking about a trike. Been watching craigslist for one.
But first a couple of these bike's have got to go! I am out of room, and am tired of moving bike's around. Lately I have been leaving my SUV outside so I can keep the five finished bikes in that side of the garage. I also have three really nice bikes (two choppers) in the basement ready for an engine.

John

The Newbie!

May 19, 2009
Gilbert, AZ
Cool bike man! I'm really diggin the tank, very cool! I too just completed my first build (for the 3rd time) which is also an OCC bike. Soon I will post a thread and explain and share ALL the details of "The Ratt Turd", which is what I renamed it as it isn't really a Stingray anymore after turning it into a softail with a jackshaft and a 5 speed freewheel cassette and derailer. Much thanx to a guy named Brett Mavrik also known for his Orange Coast Chopper build (much inspiration for the Ratt Turd). The gears in my head have already been turnin over the next build, which I decided WILL BE a trike, an OCC trike to be specific. Haven't seen 1 yet, maybe I'll be the 1st unless somebody beats me to it. Anyway nice bike man, have fun with the next 1, I know I learned alot on the 1st 1, the trike should be pretty dope!

leftywoody

Aug 23, 2008
Lagrange Indiana
was the front tire and rim swap to a 20 inch from the catalog or was it off another bike ? Did it bolt right on or were there any modifications ? It all loofs great .

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
was the front tire and rim swap to a 20 inch from the catalog or was it off another bike ? Did it bolt right on or were there any modifications ? It all loofs great .
The front tire is a 20"x3" and a 48 spoke wheel. It came off a West Coast Chopper Bike I have. The tire clears the front forks by about 1/16" so that is as wide as you can go.

I am going to put 24"x3" tires on the WCC Bike that I stole these off of. It is going to be a sweet bike. It will be another winter project.

John

gregpeterson119

Dec 28, 2010
San diego
Wow nice build, I have that same exact bike and ordered a zb slant motor kit off ebay. the problem with this bike is the mounting of the motor to align with the rear wheel. its an odd problem because of how big the rear wheel is. also the sprocket in the back is a problem. i was wondering how you created these mounts and adapters, and even if youd be willing to sell me one. itd really help me out. thanks

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Welcome to The forum! This bike is a challenge. Some of the other members will know where to get the plate for the motor. I have 3 of them. Bikes that is. I am working on a 4 stroke version. Pound the Chain tension-er flat on both sides.Use good bolts so it does not move. It has to go under the frame. Big crescent wrench to line it up. then ask us more :)

gregpeterson119

Dec 28, 2010
San diego
Thanks. This is my first build and thought it would be good to join this to talk about it as i go. My friend and i bought the kit and it is currently in the mail system. All i needed was a bike i wanted to put it on. i saw pictures of these choppers and thought they looked amazing. From the sounds of people on this forum and local bike shops, sounds like i am going to have a rough time with this bike. I guess i can ask you guys about my problems as i run into them! :)

Chopperdude4

Dec 26, 2009
NC
This forum is great! Welcome! Keep up the good work! really like the tank on the OCC. I'm doing my second OCC right now.

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Don't get worried, The bike is an easy build. Getting it right is the challenge. The motor side drive chain has a tendency to jump off the rear sprocket. Mine does it all the time. It always falls off to the frame side of the bike. The fact is running the chain under the frame is a pain to keep adjusted. It's my fault mostly. The angles are severe and the chain too long. You will understand. :) (c)