SoCal Riders! June 14th 2009 ride

GoldenMotor.com

rockvoice

Apr 6, 2009
glendale california
Hey edge, a couple buddies and me have rides regularly (weekends and some during week) hopefully you will make it sunday at the park in long beach . our weekend rides are out of glendale and surrounding areas, not to far from you.

the_edge150

Dealer
Aug 21, 2008
Monrovia,CA
my ride says that they can get me down there and drop me off, but not pick me up. if there is anyone in my area going down there that can give me a ride back with my bike,i can for sure go.

rockvoice

Apr 6, 2009
glendale california
hey biz, Last sunday we rode all over that area from olvera street to elysian park and the lake at echo park. the guy i ride with and i have a couple other guys we know that have MB's live near sunset and alvarado so we either go down your way or ride to eagle rock area but still looking for other cool areas to ride. hope you make to the meet-up sunday rob........

Last edited:

Forbisher

Dec 28, 2008
Orange County, CA.
The meet is on for Sunday June 14th starting noonish to at least 6 pm
at El Dorado park in Long Beach which is just West of the 605 freeway and a bit North of the 405

Large Map of general area

Any questions or for directions please call 714 3 4 1-7 9 9 8 now or on Sunday if you get lost :D

Just look for the big puffs of 2 stroke smoke :D

We will be meeting in the free section directly north of the El Dorado Park Golf course
and E Willow St which turns into Katella Ave east of the 605 freeway

Katella Ave / E Willow St is a major street that runs East / West

From E Willow St turn north on Studebaker Rd that runs North / South on the west
side of where we are meeting

Turn east into the first driveway then bear right down to the bottom section above
Willow St
The small 2 lane 15 mph road dead ends at a maintainence area and we will be down in
this general FREE area

E Spring St is the East / West street to the north of the FREE area where we are meeting

The San Gabriel river is to the East of the FREE area where we are meeting

You can ONLY turn east into the park from Studebaker Rd on several entrances

If you are bringing your bike with a automobile you could park by the community center
then ride your bike down to the bottom area.....

In this free area there are many sports fields and even a free skateboard park

The 3 areas of El Dorado park to the East of the River have paid entry but motor
assisted bicycles can pedal in for free

Map of general area

Last edited:

JD-StukNchaoS

Dec 29, 2008
santa paula, Calif.
Lets see.,.,,.3:30am and leaving Fresno, be in santa paula 'round 7-730. r&r till 10. i think i'll actually get there early.,.,.ryt on! nice job on the directions/maps forbs . It should be good times

rockvoice

Apr 6, 2009
glendale california
Todays the day. The SoCal MB meet-up. looking forward to seeing everyone and their bikes.
should be a blast.
The June gloom is here so it wont be too hot (just please no rain like yesterday)

Note!!! The fellow that was doing the dogs today bailed at the last minute, and most everyone ive talked to said they dont care so bring drinks and snacks if your gonna hang a while.r.ly.

Forbisher

Dec 28, 2008
Orange County, CA.
Lets see.,.,,.3:30am and leaving Fresno, be in santa paula 'round 7-730. r&r till 10. i think i'll actually get there early.,.,.ryt on! nice job on the directions/maps forbs . It should be good times
It's gonna be a blast :D

The weather here is perfect this morning, just a little overcast
There was NO rain yesterday down here

I will be there around 1 pm and will hang out until 7 pm if you guys are still there

If you get lost call 714 3 4 1-7 9 9 8

If you need any parts let me know before noon and i will bring them

There will be a drawing on one of my 35 tooth 3 way sprockets that someone will win
Just fill out a notecard and we will pick one out of a box towards the end of the day

You don't have to still be there to win.........

Who ever rides in on a bike from the furthest distance will win a copper exhaust gasket
A few of my customers say they are riding in from about 45 miles?

I may have a prize for the coolest bike if I can find it :D

Attachments

Last edited:

Forbisher

Dec 28, 2008
Orange County, CA.
Great seeing you at the meet and all the way from Fresno which had be the
furthest distance of anyone......

Email me your mailing address and I will mail you a copper exhaust gasket for your
cool John Deere 2 stroke

Still going to do the drawing on the 35 tooth sprocket

Boredomfiend

Jun 8, 2009
Long Beach, CA
Awww, day late and a dollar short.

.bld. Got my first kit running tonight (monday).

Thanks for your input, those of you that I saw at the meet. I really wish I had gotten there sooner and seen everyone. Turns out my morning errand was a waste of time anyway, so I really should've gone to the meet at noon.

Cant wait til the next one, I'll definitely be properly equipped!!!

Hey Forbs, when are you going to do that drawing? .spr.

JD-StukNchaoS

Dec 29, 2008
santa paula, Calif.
Great seeing you at the meet and all the way from Fresno which had be the
furthest distance of anyone......

Email me your mailing address and I will mail you a copper exhaust gasket for your
cool John Deere 2 stroke

Still going to do the drawing on the 35 tooth sprocket
Hey Forb, whata great time! Just to meet a few heavy peddlers was some serious reality check! Just when you think you're bangin' on all cylinders you see some of the other sick bikes! That show inspired me as well, i've had prototypes in the works that i realized need to get complete. I got your call today and will hit you back. So, you'd mentioned good news!! That must mean gearing is about to go 35t,.,.haaha. hook me up,.,.L8er Stukzpt

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
Any pic's of the day? I was in Utah. I have a friend that is getting his bike done this week, Ill get him up to speed about the Forum. Have fun, Dave