Ride Out Tampa Bay

GoldenMotor.com

GraingerDoodTim

Jun 20, 2009
Saint Petersburg, Fla
i am ready to ride. i think it was almost one year ago we all went riding the first time. i am just going to do this. provided it is not raining, i will be in the parking lot of the vinoy downtown near the water on Jan 2nd which is a saturday. i will be there at 10:30. and everybody that wants to should show up, if not then i ride solo like every other ride. hope to see someone there. hit this post back up if yer gonna make it or if we should change times or whatever. but the day stays. cause i live like 5 minutes from there. if we want to set up a date more in the future we can do that also, but i gotta poop or get off the pot. hope to see all of ya there

Nov 23, 2009
Lakeland, FL
Hey Grainger,

Davearoy and myself are thinking of coming over for the ride. We might have another to come with us. Would there be a place to park an enclosed trailer that we would have our bikes in? I'm not too familiar with the area. Hopefully, I'll be on the Andian.

Attachments

Nov 23, 2009
Lakeland, FL
Hey Grainger!

Not being overly familiar with Tampa, what is the best way to get to Vinoy from Lakeland? I know as much as I-4 west. From there, things start to get a little fuzzy..

thanks!

GraingerDoodTim

Jun 20, 2009
Saint Petersburg, Fla
brnothey Wananbe,

if you take 275 to 375 Then take the 4th ave exit. go all the way to the end. Go left at the end. make an immediate right onto whatever that road is. follow that road all the way around the big curve and park in the lot. now if anyone has better directions then slap them on up here. Tim

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2009
Lakeland, FL
Very cool, THANKS! Still planning on being there. Just found another guy in Lakeland that rides a HT. I invited him along. Waiting to see who comes along. We all went out for a ride today and had a great time.

BTW: are those riding on Saturday a 30mph club type of folks or do they enjoy a leisurely ride at 20-25?

joker

Oct 6, 2009
clearwater
HEY BRETT
interested in local ride just built a bobber for my kid for xmas but he doesnt mind if i borrow it as long as i am not out to late

ready to ride anytime
i am in clearwater

Nov 23, 2009
Lakeland, FL
Sounds good. I've got the bike loaded up for the trip. I don't know if davearoy will be home soon enough to go or not. If not, It'll just be me and the Andian. I've got my trailer loaded up just in case Dave can make it.

Nov 23, 2009
Lakeland, FL
You Guys Missed It!!!!

Just got back from our St. Pete excursion and other than being a little chilly in the morning, it was a great time! We'll have a few pics to come but the main thing is that all the folks who attended (all four of us) had a great time and no one had any real issues. St. Pete is a great little town to tool around on one of these things and we put about 28-30 miles on today. Already thinking that there needs to be another one!

Thanks to GraingerDoodtim for being an excellent tour guide!

Gareth

Dec 8, 2009
Floriduh
Re: You Guys Missed It!!!!

Just got back from our St. Pete excursion and other than being a little chilly in the morning, it was a great time! We'll have a few pics to come but the main thing is that all the folks who attended (all four of us) had a great time and no one had any real issues. St. Pete is a great little town to tool around on one of these things and we put about 28-30 miles on today. Already thinking that there needs to be another one!

Thanks to GraingerDoodtim for being an excellent tour guide!
Wish I coulda made it. My bro in law backed out, and with that went his truck. Ahh well I terrorized Tarpon and Port Richey today...bet y'all had fun.

davearoy

Apr 25, 2009
Lakeland, Florida
I really enjoyed the ride today, and good to meet the guys from lakeland! Good to b back in the saddle again..wee.
The January 2nd ride was great, had 4 guys show up, no serious breakdowns. Lets plan a monthy consistant date so those who can show up know in advance. The 1st Saturday of every month, would be a easy consistant date to remember. The ride to the beach from the Vinoy Park, is nice with lots of bike lanes, with not much traffic.

What do ya ll say?

Dave Roy
Lakeland, Fl

Nov 23, 2009
Lakeland, FL
I'd like to do it again. Had a great time. Not sure if I could make every month but, it sure would be nice to do it again. BTW: here's some pix from the fun run on the 2nd.

The first is of the group at the beach. GraingerDood's bike is the one in the lead. He is standing by it. The last two bikes in the lineup peddaled in, motorless. You should have seen the little guy checkin us out as we motored on by a few miles ago! They finally caught up.

the second photo is of Kawasaki's bike and the Andian. Talk about two different ends of the technology spectrum!

The last pic is of Davearoy's ride. He rode over with me from Lakeland in my truck.

Thanks for remembering to bring your camera Dave!

Attachments