quick release question.

GoldenMotor.com

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Yes. They are actually built with stronger steels and hold up good in motor applications.
Never had a single problem besides learning to keep it TIGHT!

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Yes. Check both quick-releases after leaving your bike unattended.

I've never had one loosen up by itself. However, you never know when some jerk will walk by and loosen them, just to see you crash, for kicks..duh.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
When leaving my bike, loosened quick-release axles are my biggest worries.

I have a locking gas cap. If not, I'd be worrying about someone pouring Coke into the tank.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
When leaving my bike, loosened quick-release axles are my biggest worries.

I have a locking gas cap. If not, I'd be worrying about someone pouring Coke into the tank.
Sad but true.
I almost got myself arrested once at the local library for slapping the s&^t out of some idiot punk kid I caught loosening my wheels. Pretty sure he was trying to cause a crash since I had a cable lock through both wheels.
Once I explained what happened and the cops looked at the security video, I was not charged. The cop took me aside and told me he would have done exactly the same thing had it been his bike.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Was worried the first time I used quick release. I had doubts since I had not experienced them with a motorized bicycle before. But that was years ago and I have never had a problem and I don't know of anyone who has.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Was worried the first time I used quick release. I had doubts since I had not experienced them with a motorized bicycle before. But that was years ago and I have never had a problem and I don't know of anyone who has.
Ditto:

I did a lot of research and reading about quick release wheels before using them on a motorized bike. I've put many trouble free miles on them without a problem.
As was suggested above, always check them, especially if you leave the bike parked out of sight.

Tom