Need a longer cable for Sturmey archer 90mm front brake

GoldenMotor.com

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
K guys, Im stumped. Ive searched the internet, fruitlessly, to find a cable for a S/A drum brake. Im not sure but I THINK s can be made from other things but S/A seems to sell only the ones that come with the brake itself and nothing longer. I need about 6 more inches... The new stem from hellll for the Cycle-Truck will require it. Thanks in advance.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Thanks guys. Bill; I think your right. I got to looking at my Worksman drum cable and that is a made up piece. I would like a genuine S/A though. Chain: I'll post a measurement this PM. Just got home from work tonight and Im wacked...

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
I just checked a box of cable asst from walmart and there are a couple that will fit my sturmey dymo if its too long you can size it by cuttin the control lever end to fit and. Make an end with a torch and either real silver soder oor some spare fishing weights and a file

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Well I did some measuring and I think I rear brake cable will work just fine. I found one on the bay and it will be here eventually. Im in no hurry. Thanks for the help guys! I'll repost some pics once I have it and figure out what Im doing with it. :)