using 100LL

GoldenMotor.com

burnclouds

Jun 17, 2009
ohio
Any one ever use 100 octane low lead fuel before? Are there any problems using 100LL in these bikes? (I have the 80cc version)

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
At roughly 6.5:1 compression ratio anything above 87 octane is a waste of money.
What is Avgas nowdays $6-$7 a gallon?

Mac

Dec 3, 2009
Maine
burnclouds,
100ll, .6grams TEL (lead) per gallon, a true octane rating of 100(not an average detonation co-efficient) $6.35 per gallon, and a total waste of money in these engines, (although it smells great). IMO, I doubt you would see any substantial difference in any of the three areas you expect. It will however make it much more difficult to read your spark plug, the lead causes a white tint. Heck, try it if you want, document and let us know, I have been wrong many times before. Good luck.

Mac

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
lead lubes all the bearings in the engine lead is a 2 strokes best friend its just really bad for your health lol c12 is considered the best 2 cycle race fuel all around and its loaded with lead. all I can say is i would never run pump gas in any of my bikes and motorcycles dirtbikes my mtb esp it detonates bad on pump gas

burnclouds

Jun 17, 2009
ohio
I think I'll try it. At least one gallon. The cost isn't that big a deal. As I probably only go through 2 gal in a season. I'll let you all know how it goes. I don't expect any changes from you you all have told me, but like i said whats one gallon? ~$2 difference. big whoop.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
lead lubes all the bearings in the engine lead is a 2 strokes best friend its just really bad for your health lol c12 is considered the best 2 cycle race fuel all around and its loaded with lead. all I can say is i would never run pump gas in any of my bikes and motorcycles dirtbikes my mtb esp it detonates bad on pump gas

I learn something new everyday! :D