Has Anyone Experimented With this?

GoldenMotor.com

tristanm

Jul 30, 2009
London
I'm fairly new to this, so if this is completely out of the question let me know.

I'm curious to know if the anyone has ever used a pocket bike engine. they have some pretty neat upgrades and mods for them.

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
It's not unreasonable, it may not be the easiest just depends on how much your gonna have to do. People on this site can put a chainsaw motor on a bike so there is no reason why it couldn't be done. basically if ya have a welder and a grinder you can put just about any engine on a bike. There was even some ridiculous thing I saw on here that was a BMX style bike with a huge street bike motor strapped in (Mind you I'm pretty sure that was a piece of crap), but it was done. So your goal is definitely not "out of the question".

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
So are the square 4 strokes that people on here use, but they make motor mounts for them. I myself make all the mounts for any bikes I have made, I have put many motors, Chainsaws, Weedeaters, random big fat B&S motors. Basically pretty much any motor can go on a bike, but you are almost always going to custom fabricate some parts or hope they are available from one of our many vendors.

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
Tristan do you have a welder or access to a friend or relative that does? If so then it is more than possible it will probably be fun!

tristanm

Jul 30, 2009
London
This could be a new summer project. Thanks Terron, and yes I do have access to all sorts of tools. Including a welder. Once I decide on a motor, I'll be sure to take pictures along the way. I feel a huge project coming on.