New build finally done,what a pain..

GoldenMotor.com

Randog707

Oct 18, 2009
Fairfield,ca
Ok guys I just finished my W.C.C build,this is my eigth build and by far my most challenging.Mounting the engine was a big pain in the a** at first I made my own motor mount it failed miserably it snaped going up a hill.I order a new one from Barry on ebay,witch worked out well.I put on a front disc brake setup,I took the tank that came on the bike and brazed all the seems up so it wouldnt leak ,welded on a motorcycle bong and gas cap,sealed the inside of the tank with gas tank sealer,then repainted the tank,I also had to heat up my crank arms so that they would clear the motor.I welded on a mini bike muffler witch sounds really sweet.All in all I'm very happy with the build.Oh yeah I"ll post a video in a few days.Randy

Attachments

SAVAGE

May 6, 2009
CHICAGO,ILLINOIS
Ok guys I just finished my W.C.C build,this is my eigth build and by far my most challenging.Mounting the engine was a big pain in the a** at first I made my own motor mount it failed miserably it snaped going up a hill.I order a new one from Barry on ebay,witch worked out well.I put on a front disc brake setup,I took the tank that came on the bike and brazed all the seems up so it wouldnt leak ,welded on a motorcycle bong and gas cap,sealed the inside of the tank with gas tank sealer,then repainted the tank,I also had to heat up my crank arms so that they would clear the motor.I welded on a mini bike muffler witch sounds really sweet.All in all I'm very happy with the build.Oh yeah I"ll post a video in a few days.Randy
really nice build i like the way you brazed the seams on the tank, have you given any thought to mounting the petcock to the bottom side of the top tube . i mean since you can braze maybe it wouldnt be a bad idea to make the top tube of the bike frame into a reserve tank you would have to seal off both ends of the tube and then drill a hole under the top tube and a hole on top for the tank to allow fuel to pass thru . just a suggestion. never the less it still is a really nice build !

OR_Chopper

Jun 2, 2010
Salem, OR
Sweet bike man... I'm trying to put brakes on an OCC Schwinn Chopper... the front wheel has no brakes and i'm thinking disc is the way to go for it... got any ideas cuz the rim for the stingray is little bigger than most mountain bike rims i know of... anyways sweet build man. looking forward to the video...