Question about front forks

GoldenMotor.com

MadC

May 4, 2010
Toronto
Hi guys,

I've finished building my first MB and instead of swapping the engine to another bicycle I just decided to buy a new engine. The bicycle I'm building is gunna be my pride and joy, and like all pride and joys it has to be built to how you want it.

I've been riding around on the one I built just Monday and with no shocks or suspension I can really notice the vibration. I've also been browsing these forums looking at all the sweet makes and custom builds.

This picture came across my eyes as a way to give me front suspension and possible a place to add a front light.

I just don't know what these are called. LOL

any help?

psprat496

Nov 22, 2009
New Jersey
Hi guys,

I've finished building my first MB and instead of swapping the engine to another bicycle I just decided to buy a new engine. The bicycle I'm building is gunna be my pride and joy, and like all pride and joys it has to be built to how you want it.

I've been riding around on the one I built just Monday and with no shocks or suspension I can really notice the vibration. I've also been browsing these forums looking at all the sweet makes and custom builds.

This picture came across my eyes as a way to give me front suspension and possible a place to add a front light.

I just don't know what these are called. LOL

any help?

They're called springer forks.
springer forks - Google Search

wildemere

Feb 12, 2008
Newcastle
Generic MTB suspension forks allow for better brakes.

Disc or V brakes are mandatory items on the front end of a 25+ mph bike.

When using a springer be sure to fit good brakes. A drum or a disc.

You will thank me when that bus pulls out...

MadC

May 4, 2010
Toronto
Generic MTB suspension forks allow for better brakes.

Disc or V brakes are mandatory items on the front end of a 25+ mph bike.

When using a springer be sure to fit good brakes. A drum or a disc.

You will thank me when that bus pulls out...
I will do just that then, back brakes possible to have disc or just regular?

good vibrations

Mar 30, 2010
denva, calarada
I will do just that then, back brakes possible to have disc or just regular?
Does anyone have a pic of a cruiser with mb suspension on the front? That's the only complaint I have about my new build(Cranbrook). After 20 miles or so I can't feel my hands=/ How am I gonna get my neato manilla fender on that shock? I'm not so concerned with the vintage look. I just wanna make sure the picher in my head matches the picher on the picher......get the picture=).xx.

CroMagnum

Sep 2, 2011
Los Angeles
Yeah, I know this thread is two years old. But if you want to install some modern MTB forks on your cruiser to spare your arms from the jolts and potholes, you can try the Retro Ryder Headset:

"With this headset, you can run an 1 1/8 threadless NON-Tapered fork in an older bike that normally takes a American Standard 1" threaded headset (30mm). Fits old Schwinns and other American cruiser bikes, some bmx bikes and some older mountain bikes. Made in the USA, 45.00 shipped. Made out of steel, not for weight weenies."

Check out Atomic Cycles. BTW, if you're in the SF Valley and looking for a shop with tons of old bike junk, this is it. Check out the swap meet on September 2 for lots of good stuff.

Youtube link. And no, Paul isn't acting - he's really like that. :D

Adama

Feb 5, 2011
Sacramento
I have the Retro Ryder Headset on my Schwinn Cruiser and it works great. I have a couple of pics here. I hope to continue with the build in a couple weeks as I had other projects to finish first.