Chopper owners stop here...

GoldenMotor.com
Aug 23, 2009
British Columbia
Ok, so I am looking to build a chopper bicycle. I have some ideas, but I wonder if there is more I could do, or better parts to use, specific to installing an engine on a chopper bicycle. Everything is different, frame, tire width, frame length, handle bar stretch, etc. I am creating this thread for two reasons:
1) I need links to good parts and bikes, for reasonably cheap.
2) I want to see pictures of chopper motorbicycles that you've created, to give me inspiration, or anything that will get me motivated to do this project.

I think the only reason I haven't tackled a chopper yet, is simply the fact that the frame is different, and I have only dealt with Mountain Bike frames. I'm pretty sure I'd need to either weld or get a custom engine mount.

I also want to use a hub adaptor, so I don't need to mess around with the rear sprocket. I absolutly hate trying to center that thing. I know how, it just never works for me. Lol.

So, any advice? Any links to cheap bicycle depots, or anything? I'm open to anything and everything. Thank you for your time and consideration. Ride hard, live free! :)
.trk

Aug 23, 2009
British Columbia
That's an awesome frame! I really like that. Just might consider that! I wonder if I can get lowrider parts that will fit onto that frame, like gold twisted crank arms and handlebars, brake levers and seat post. (Like the bike in the picture below, which isn't my bike.) With a serious seat, install my neons, and good to go!!! Lol. Oh, lets not forget the good ol' engine of course! Lol. (Been thinkin of the little NOS kit lately, just for low end shots. He he.)

Attachments

Aug 23, 2009
British Columbia
I have xyz bookmarked, but I fear that it would prove difficult to install an engine. I may end up ordering the black one though, and even if I can't get an engine on it, it's still a cool bike. :) Thank you for your link Retmachinist!

Aug 23, 2009
British Columbia
HseLoMein
That bike is very impressive! I like the welding job to mount the engine, and the incorporation of the shift kit. Gives me some ideas, that's awesome. Thank you for posting! Very nice build dude!