EZ Motorbike

GoldenMotor.com

commander

Mar 19, 2009
penn state
hey Quenton, Im not sure what you did different here to that bike . But it really looks very appealing . Have you decided on any prices yet ?

Hi Commander,
The kit is available through authorized dealers. We have 3 0r 4 dealers in PA, but are looking for more. Currently the kits are in the testing stages, and have only been released to special dealers for extensive testing. The drive system has been designed by EZM and reduces the "load" on the motor. At the moment we are setting up dealers with one kit instead of the required 3 kits , and ask the new dealers to purchase 2 additional kits at a later date [of course if they don't think this is the best kit on the market, they don't have to buy any more].
My proto-type is installed an a typical cruiser bike [similar to the Schwinn cantilever].

The MSRP is currently $649.00 with a no-questions asked 1 year warranty on parts. Of course the dealer price is far less, so maybe a PM to me might be a good idea. Because of the drive system we have had to gear it to lower the top end [by causing it to run out of power] and the current version has ratios of 15.65 X 1 [37 MPH @ 7500 RPMs] instead of the normal 22 X 1 used by most other kits. The motor has so much power with the EZM drive sytem it cruises at 25 MPH with the motor only turning approx. 5000 RPMs. Other 4 stroke kits have to turn over 7000 RPMs to overcome the "power robbing" gears, grease, etc to reach 25 MPH. During the earlier tests the gas mileage was over 180 MPG on my proto-type. My proto-type was ridden by several that weighed over 300 pounds at Lewes, DE last year and didn't hesitate to keep up with the larger 138 CC Whizzers. During a recent test against a completely stock Whizzer the EZM easily out ran the Whizzer.

Hope this information answered your questions, if not please ask more.

Have fun,
Quenton
Get YOUR EZmotorbike TODAY!

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Finally!
After months of hearing ABOUT it we get to HEAR it!
The cryptic "one side only" pics, until now, posed more questions than answers. It seems like the EZ was developed with secrecy that the CIA would envy. Good work.
I like that quiet smooth Whizzer too.

commander

Mar 19, 2009
penn state
Thanks for the response Quenton, I guess one of my questions would be what type of engine is it ? it looks like a 4 stroke ? And another , I know this is a prototype but why so expensive ? Im gonna have to view that video again when i get the chance to kinda look over the specs. I went to your website but didnt see much as far as pics on this new set up of yours. Just a nice picture of a cool bike I assumed was the prototype.

either way your bike in that video for some reason captured my attention as it is a very nice looking build

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
the engine is a hua sheng 142F-G-1 49cc 4stroke
the gear box is designed and made, all in the USA (where quality control and pride in what you make still counts for something !!!)
I have my kit installed and hope to get a bunch of pics today

commander

Mar 19, 2009
penn state
Nice Azbill, but what Im after is some reasons why this motor kit would be so much more expensive than a china motor ? I mean i could justify over 600 bucks if Quenton included that cool bike with the motor. But just the kits itself seems to very expensive.

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Yeah!
So WTF?
It is a solid investment in fun, backed up by righteous American ingenuity and craftsmanship, made right and backed up by good people on this site.
That's why. :D

commander

Mar 19, 2009
penn state
thats not enough weedy, I need more info to make an investment like that. Just saying it is American made isnt enough for this country boy ya know.

I like the concept i just need more info on the details of what i get for the money and his website doesn't give me enough details

lennyharp

Jul 19, 2008
Mesa Arizona
Quenton is a stand up kinda guy who does very fine work with a huge understanding of what makes a motor bike go. He is one of the nations experts on Whizzers, I had him do some machining work on mine last Thanksgiving. He actually did the work on Thanksgiving weekend to get the motor back to me quickly.. My mechanic did not get it put together for a long time but Quenton's work and word mean a lot to me.

Hi Commander,

After careful research concerning motorized bicycle kits we discovered some interesting facts. First and foremost we noticed the severe lack of quality offerings in the bicycle kit marketplace. We looked at the 4 stroke kit suppliers and found the quality units sold from $629 to $679 and in each case it was American made ideas & parts that prevailed. We now know why this is the case, Americans don't work for the same wages as other lands, but they have pride in quality and take it seriously.
We also decided to market the kits nationwide via a dealer network because we wanted the buyer to have a "real' warranty & service. We wanted the input from the dealer network to develope the products that everyone wants, in other words, build & supply a quality motor kit. The future of EZM is based around building the motorbike you would build, and I know you would want the most for your money, and would want your family & friends to have the same option.
If we take a step backward and look at some of the current features of the cheaper kits we can find drive problems almost everywhere. Even the high priced Whizzer has major problems in getting the power from the motor to the rear wheel. Some of the current 4 stroke kits manage to "eat" large portions of the power in the gears & the grease, & the bearings, & clutches, etc. The most common question I am asked [every day, day after day] is will we sell just the drive system so they can fix brand "G" or brand "H", or brand whatever because of the poor quality gear boxes.
We chose to fix the power delivery system, and was warned it would be copied by other companies [sure enough, several have already made offers], but we want to control the quality, and had to pay them high priced Americans to help us.

I hope this makes sense, but the better, longer lasting, motor options sell for more, and all use American technology & labor to get the power to the wheel. We chose to use the frame mounted version, because of center of gravity, ease of use, and most importantly it looks "cool", so we developed [and are still improving] a better drive system to make it all happen.

Have fun,
Quenton
Get YOUR EZmotorbike TODAY!

commander

Mar 19, 2009
penn state
Oh I have no doubt about Quentons word or his worth , I just want to know how he will justify over 600 bucks for a motor bike kit is all. I love his bike in the video and would like to own one.

commander

Mar 19, 2009
penn state
thank you Quenton thanks for the response, I know you are keeping alot of what you have designed close at hand, thats why Im not getting the info I crave, I have went to your site on many occasions and always get the same thing "coming soon" . I wish you were ready to get this engine to the market and also update your site as you have my curiosity very tweeked.

you mention Pennsylvania earlier , do yuo happen to have a shop anywhere in that state , I feel like a road trip to visit your dealer or your shop just to see what this looks like up close

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
I was being tongue-in-cheek.
Quenton is an honorable guy. He really does know his stuff. I'm certain that paying the extra bucks would result in way more extra quality, performance and reliability than going for the mail order mystery machine from One Hung Lo Imports and Massage Parlor. :D

commander

Mar 19, 2009
penn state
mail order mystery machine from One Hung Lo Imports and Massage Parlor. :D
Now that made me laugh weedy laff so far my "mystery" orders from "one Hung Lo" have arrived as planned and also worked as advertised. But I hear what ya mean.

@Quenton, thanks for the contacts , im looking forward to "investigating " this build further,your bike is too awesome for me not to want one myself

lennyharp

Jul 19, 2008
Mesa Arizona
I decided to talk to Quenton about his kit. Seems that there will be some nice features to it. I have spent 650 to 700 on Staton and GEBE kits. The Staton Inc is a lot of machining and value I could see, weighs a lot and I see it as a true value even though there are more dollars spent than my boygofast HT kits that I have broken 2 of. I wouldn't recommend the other but many are happy with their kits and who am I to say. The GEBE seemed fragile and not designed for the long run but I did sell mine before I installed it. I have talked to Quenton a number of times and recently about this kit. This one is another I may get as I know he is expert in this field of making bicycles go fast without much peddling. I believe he has one of the faster Whizzers out there. As to this kit, EZ Motorbike, I guess we will just have to try it to know how good it is.