Some Cool E-bikes

GoldenMotor.com

Cheetah_oo

Mar 20, 2009
Chicago
Here's a pic of my old E-trike

Has 500 watt brushed Hub motor @ 36volts

You can look up my newer trike on you tube by searching "BOOMBIKE" (one word) since i cant post links yet. The video is from the 2007 critical mass ride.

Attachments

eDJ

Jul 8, 2008
Wayne National Forest
Yeah, that's what Industrial Design people do. Of course not all ID people work in
the same areas of design.

Recently I saw this "Recumbant" that departs from what is a typical bicycle frame.
With it's canopy there was a good location for Solar Cells to recharge the batteries.
This example isn't exactly a motorized bicycle but probably could have been just as
easily.

DOC BOLM

Aug 21, 2008
Mississippi
I would like to find a good ebike that would fold and not take up much space.I would carry it in the plane.The faa will not let you carry a gas bike,i dont think.Their is a small compartment in the aztec where a ebike might fit.HD

Michigan Mike

Dec 9, 2008
Michigan
I would like to find a good ebike that would fold and not take up much space.I would carry it in the plane.The faa will not let you carry a gas bike,i dont think.Their is a small compartment in the aztec where a ebike might fit.HD
Doc,
Maybe you could find a folding bike that you like and then mount a hub motor on it.? Just thinking it might not be nearly as expensive as factory made folding e-bike.

.trk.

Michigan Mike

Dec 9, 2008
Michigan
Here's a pic of my old E-trike

Has 500 watt brushed Hub motor @ 36volts

You can look up my newer trike on you tube by searching "BOOMBIKE" (one word) since i cant post links yet. The video is from the 2007 critical mass ride.
Neat looking trike. Is that a standard wheel chair on the back?
.trk.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Doc I saw one on sale on ebay that went for a hundred and ten bucks plus shipping. I needed a battery and charger but thats no big deal. Too bad I didn't win it or I'd let you have it.

It would be great for running into town from the airport.

Michigan Mike

Dec 9, 2008
Michigan
Yes it is a standard Wheelchair in the back of the trike. Its one of my old wheelchairs which broke and we decided to turn it into a trike.

I've got an old wheel chair and was thinking of doing something similar with it. Did you find any big problems using the chair this way? Was it sturdy enough? How did the solid tires ride?
.trk.

Cheetah_oo

Mar 20, 2009
Chicago
I've got an old wheel chair and was thinking of doing something similar with it. Did you find any big problems using the chair this way? Was it sturdy enough? How did the solid tires ride?
.trk.
Never had any real problems with it, Only the same problem most trikes have is making sharp turns will usually result in you ending up on the floor.

Was it sturdy enough?

It depends on how good you are at welding. We had to re weld it one day after the welds started cracking but i have never had anymore problems since.

How did the solid tires ride?

The solid tires hurt after a while. I replaced them with air filled tires.

Michigan Mike

Dec 9, 2008
Michigan
Never had any real problems with it, Only the same problem most trikes have is making sharp turns will usually result in you ending up on the floor.

Was it sturdy enough?

It depends on how good you are at welding. We had to re weld it one day after the welds started cracking but i have never had anymore problems since.

How did the solid tires ride?

The solid tires hurt after a while. I replaced them with air filled tires.
Thanks Cheetah_oo ... appreciate the input.
.trk.