Im going to race a friend that has a ezip electric bike

GoldenMotor.com

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
My bike is a Shimano Deore XTR 26" professional mountain bike with a 80/66cc Silver slant Moped engine kit from Daemon Bikes(while they were still in buisness)with stock muffler, stock mounts, stock cdi, stock 410 chain, stock 44t sprocket, nt carb with a sbp low profile air filter, sbp, inline filter, sbp petcock, sbp exhaust gasket, pistonbikes billet intake. Gas line i got at advanced auto parts. I've got a NGK B5HS, stock plug wire. Haven't installed the sbp wire yet. I'm going to switch out my stock muffler out and use my sbp xchamber. My friend has a ezip rear hub motor bike. He has one battery. i think everything is standard on his. We are going to race either this saturday or the next. Depends on if i get my bike completely ready in time. I've gotta fix the exhaust from leaking between the port and gasket. So far i've only been able to get my bike up to 26mph at wot=lots of vibration=very uncomfortable. My kit runs good, it could be better. Its very reliable. I went on a 42 mile trip(there and bacK)2 weeks ago. Just before i started back i check my gas, and i still had just under 3/4 of a tank. Filled up and went home. :) Im getting around 100 miles to the gallon. I've only had a few leaks but i'm im gonna fix those 2maro as well. Haven't had time to do much. Can anybody tell me the chance of me winning? I've read those ezips can go up to 20+mph in stock condition

Last edited:

Thud

May 26, 2010
West Michigan
Hey James,
It really depands on the kind of raceing you guys are planing. If its short block long drag race prepair to be a few lengths behind....

If your going to be going for some distance I would be suprised to see the e-bike clearing 25mph in stock trim.(batteries/voltage & such) so how far will it take you to run him down is the question.

If he has a 72v lipo battery & a souped up controller...you aint gonna catch him till his batteries puke. :) 30 miles up the road..or further if he has droped some cash.

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
I was thinkin' of an around the block type race. But, based on what u said, got me thinkin'. If we race on a dirt road(lots of tire ruts, soft sand,etc), say, from one end of the road to the other(1500ft long), would i have the upper hand since my bike is a mountain bike(thick treaded knobby tires)? I think his bike may be a mountain bike, and if it is, it has either really worn out tires or has road tires, cuz they don't look like mountain bike treads.

Last edited:

Chrisflik

Apr 2, 2011
California
My bike is a Shimano Deore XTR 26" professional mountain bike with a 80/66cc Silver slant Moped engine kit from Daemon Bikes(while they were still in buisness)with stock muffler, stock mounts, stock cdi, stock 410 chain, stock 44t sprocket, nt carb with a sbp low profile air filter, sbp, inline filter, sbp petcock, sbp exhaust gasket, pistonbikes billet intake. Gas line i got at advanced auto parts. I've got a NGK B5HS, stock plug wire. Haven't installed the sbp wire yet. I'm going to switch out my stock muffler out and use my sbp xchamber. My friend has a ezip rear hub motor bike. He has one battery. i think everything is standard on his. We are going to race either this saturday or the next. Depends on if i get my bike completely ready in time. I've gotta fix the exhaust from leaking between the port and gasket. So far i've only been able to get my bike up to 26mph at wot=lots of vibration=very uncomfortable. My kit runs good, it could be better. Its very reliable. I went on a 42 mile trip(there and bacK)2 weeks ago. Just before i started back i check my gas, and i still had just under 3/4 of a tank. Filled up and went home. :) Im getting around 100 miles to the gallon. I've only had a few leaks but i'm im gonna fix those 2maro as well. Haven't had time to do much. Can anybody tell me the chance of me winning? I've read those ezips can go up to 20+mph in stock condition
The best performance mod I found when I was running basically stock was to jet the carb. You think you'd want to jet up, but don't. get a 62 and/or a 64. And like always trial and error. I got way more top end with a smaller jet. And also they make a red silicon for high heat. You can use that lightly around the exhaust flange to stop your leaks.
Disclaimer:::: This is advice only. I could be wrong. But I'm usually right.
Flik One!

Reactions: Denis Zen