Speed Rated Tires?

GoldenMotor.com

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
I'm thinking about getting some stick on weights from harbor freight and try balancing my tires. They start to bounce pretty bad aproaching 50mph and just down right scary over 50(like it isn't scary enough at that speed on a bicycle!) If that doesn't work, the equal powder(not the sugar substitute) will be the next try.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i heard that someone makes some for whizzers, but i've never been able to find them. i'm going to keep looking into it, as well as the speed week regs.

civlized, i've tried wheel weights, and there was no difference at all. the only functional method i've found for balancing bicycle wheels is to find the hi spot on the rim and the low spot on the tire and match them up, and keep messing with it till it's close.

also, some tires just ain't round. the one's i'm running on my bike bounce around like crazy at low speeds, but smooth out at 35+.

and Norm, yeah, it's bench racing, but wait till you see what i'm building on that bench.;)
(you might have to wait awhile though, i need to move, first...)

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
I found they got a lot better after I removed the reflectors from the spokes, but it still needs some work. Thanks for the info. I'll try that too.