Problem with running

GoldenMotor.com

cokeicee

Jun 11, 2010
Jacksonville
Hello
I have a couple questions:
1. Does anyone else have air in the line going from your tank to the engine? I have gas at the bottom of the line but air from the tank to that fuel.

2. I can get the engine to run good, but after like 10 mins of running the engine just dies. It will try to start but wont. Any ideas?

thnx

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
The answer to your first question is, yes, its normal. The float on the carburetor closes the needle valve once the float bowl is full, or the fuel is at the proper level. Fuel is still flowing but these little engines don't consume much so you won't see fuel flowing. A partially empty fuel line is nothing to worry about.
Now, as far as your engine quitting after a few minutes: This sounds like a fuel tank venting problem. To check if your fuel tank cap is venting properly, leave it loose then try your engine. If it continues to run with the cap loose, the cap isn't venting and the engine is vapor locking. It's the thum-over-the-straw concept.
The cap has a very small hole that allows the tank to vent. It could be clogged or wasn't drilled through from the factory. Let us know what you find.
Tom

cokeicee

Jun 11, 2010
Jacksonville
Its night but I will check tomorrow when I wake up. This sounds plausable tho because I noticed I cant turn my gas cap as far as I could before and I tried to tighten it down a lot.