full suspension cruiser, first build

GoldenMotor.com

Earbiter

Oct 22, 2013
Denver, Colorado
Hello everyone, i'm new here and new to this motorbike scene, but I am a auto mechanic, so most of this stuff shouldn't be too difficult for me. I would like to build a 66cc on a full suspension cruiser, to get to and from work during the warmer months. I found a pretty good looking bike with the rear shock/spring behind the seat/rear fork so there will be enough room inside the frame to mount the engine. Has anyone done something like this before? Thoughts? ty

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Micargi makes a beach cruiser with rear suspension, or at least they used to. If you like mountain bikes, you may be able to find a used KHS softail. They have only 3/4" of travel, but that is OK for street use.

Earbiter

Oct 22, 2013
Denver, Colorado
Ty for the input, what I meant tho was that I found one at wal mart, with mostly good reviews. 130 looks good, rode it in the store and it was pretty comfy and smooth. Doesn't look like it has alot of rear travel but some. and for the time being im trying to get into this without spending tons of cash. Just asking if anybody had experience putting a kit on something like this?

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Ty for the input, what I meant tho was that I found one at wal mart, with mostly good reviews. 130 looks good, rode it in the store and it was pretty comfy and smooth. Doesn't look like it has alot of rear travel but some. and for the time being im trying to get into this without spending tons of cash. Just asking if anybody had experience putting a kit on something like this?
If you wrote the name of the bike or pasted a link you might get some feedback? ;)

I know what bike you are talking about and the motor will fit with an offset intake if you shoe horn it in! :D

Earbiter

Oct 22, 2013
Denver, Colorado
Ya the bike is a Avalon something, that's cool that it will fit, thanks for the info Venice, that tensioner looks good. I'll Prolly get around to building this someone in January, will post pics!