Do you buy lots of spare parts?

GoldenMotor.com

nogig

Mar 18, 2010
south carolina
Just curious how much money in spare parts you guys have in the shop. I live in the midle of nowhere so if i order something that can break or be consumed i order 2 or 3. Right now im waiting on some wheel bearings so i can ride again( yes i ordered extras)

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
I picked up another engine kit as "spare parts" when I built my first... then I built 'nother bike w/it... now I need 'nother kit... then I'll prolly slip and build 'nother bike... then I'll need 'nother kit... 'nother bike... kit... bike... kit...bike... kit bike kitbikekitbikekitbike.......................

BARG I'M STUCK INNA LOOP O.O

nogig

Mar 18, 2010
south carolina
I picked up another engine kit as "spare parts" when I built my first... then I built 'nother bike w/it... now I need 'nother kit... then I'll prolly slip and build 'nother bike... then I'll need 'nother kit... 'nother bike... kit... bike... kit...bike... kit bike kitbikekitbikekitbike.......................

BARG I'M STUCK INNA LOOP O.O

IT seems that it may be more economical to buy another kit for parts. I got some nice spare parts with my Bikeberry Kit The other kit a guy got didnt come with anything and wouldnt ya know it his master link broke and he had to wait 4 days for another.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Excepting the above dilemma - yea, nothin' beats havin' another kit for parts, at least ya know ya have everything AND ya know right where it is lol

twowheeledfox

Oct 21, 2009
Houston TX
I buy and sell bicycles and small motorbike (both homebuilt and not) parts, so there are always plenty of spares. What's annoying it when you have spare parts everywhere, but no quite the one needed.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
I keep as many spare parts as i can in a parts box but if a part breaks i hope its not a important one, cause then i would have to 2day fedex a special oreder to get a part fast ,lol . i broke a carb once and had to pay like $40 to get one right away,be carefull with carb tabs they break easy.

If you have the money its better to just get a second kit for spare parts.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Especially with small parts, am a firm believer in buying 2 or 3 at a time when needed. So much easier have what ever you need when you need it. Cabin is right. cheaper too.