How fast can your 80cc really go?

GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

MXAaron

Sep 15, 2008
outside of London ON
That's what happened to me and I did take the life out of that motor! haha! Lucky for me, Dean helped me replace and fit some quality japanese and italian bearing. After that my HT motor ran like a champ and I could go WOT without the motor sounding like it was struggling.
Hey this is my first post and i'm new to the the site, my name is Aaron and I live in ontario canada. And I was wondering wear I could get some of those bearings? I have a PK-80. thanks

dublergofast

Jul 30, 2008
Hey, where in Ontario? i live in Oakville, and i am the only one around here with a CIF
i would also like to know about these Japanese/Italian bearings for HT/CIF 70cc'ss

Oh and i am getting 60 km/h (38-40mph) from 34 teeth stock motor.

Hey, where in Ontario? i live in Oakville, and i am the only one around here with a CIF
i would also like to know about these Japanese/Italian bearings for HT/CIF 70cc'ss

Oh and i am getting 60 km/h (38-40mph) from 34 teeth stock motor.
the main bearings are 6202
the lower rod bearing will be almost impossible to find & its also hard to find anyone to press the crank apart & back together
thats all I have for you now
take care
JAK

UPDATE:
I ported and polished my carb and got 30.1mph on the speedo, and feel more power at lower speeds.
I built a Jamis Big Boss with a PK 8occ and I haven't clocked it yet, but it has a 3/4" conduit pipe extender that spews oil, but makes the motor jump and go like crazy.
I will test it soon to see.

Spunout

MB Builder Extraordinaire
Jul 21, 2008
coventry, RI
blog.360.yahoo.com
during the last Spookytooth death race, Mike (a guy who likes to ride his crotch-rocket during the death races as a spectator) got next to me. i asked 'how fast?' he looked at his speedo and yelled '44!' i really dont care if you believe me, or not.

i have a kingsmotorbikes 70cc (bushing motor...means higher revs), ported intake, handmade intake manifold, and a carb off a XR80, 36-tooth rear sprocket.

i've won the spookytooth death race two years in a row with that combo.

Reactions: wildwood
during the last Spookytooth death race, Mike (a guy who likes to ride his crotch-rocket during the death races as a spectator) got next to me. i asked 'how fast?' he looked at his speedo and yelled '44!' i really dont care if you believe me, or not.

i have a kingsmotorbikes 70cc (bushing motor...means higher revs), ported intake, handmade intake manifold, and a carb off a XR80, 36-tooth rear sprocket.

i've won the spookytooth death race two years in a row with that combo.
you think the bottom ends with the bushing in the upper rod spinn faster?
do you know why?
I just bought a like new bottom end which chewed up a piston because casting slag got into the cylinder via the transfer ports
I have to tear it down to clean out the slag & whatnot from the inside of the case & put in better bearings but I thought it wouldent be as durable
IM happy to hear you like them
take care
JAK

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
my 65 type d on a 36t not even maxed out was doing 50+
and my first gen magnatized gaijin 48cc on a 40t sprocket maxed out at 57kph
i dont care if you dont think its true just wait till the death race im using nos

I believe you!
Kph is not as fast as mph.:ride:

dublergofast

Jul 30, 2008
When my intake gasket was breached, and i didn't know it, at full throttle the bike would not stop pulling... it wanted to go faster, it topped out over flat ground at 65 km/h (40m/h) . a lot of fun!

rogelio supetran jr

Dec 1, 2008
san jose,CA
Helo Fairracing 31,

Name is Rogelio ,just new to this forum.
I saw your Utube video on the uphill climb is Sentinel AZ.
Is that clutch noise normal for this engine? Cause I have mine which I installed 3 wks ago and its makig that whinning squeeling noise specially if you ease on the throttle down while your going fast. Can this noise be eliminated ?.

Thank you .

Last edited by a moderator:

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
You can semi-eliminate the noise by greasing the gears and also by gluing a mousepad or other similar dense rubber sheet to the clutch cover.

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
Also when going downhill you want to pull the clutch in. Easing off the throttle while going downhill will make your motor rev faster than your throttle wants to let it, thus starving the motor for fuel, and most importantly, oil.

Technocyclist

Motorized Bicycle Senior Technologist
Jul 7, 2008
Asia
I weigh about 160lbs and when i was still using stock 44 tooth sprocket, I maxed out at 25mph on a Cateye speedo. Now, I'm using the shifter kit from SBP with an 8 speed internal gear hub. I can reach speeds to 44mph at 6th gear, no more power after that. Still using stock spark plug. I still plan to put a tuned pipe and a walbro carburetor over the weekend, also with a new Denso spark plug.

Pretty scary almost got boxed in by a truck. Could have been road carcass. Good thing I was able to brake in time. Still need to install a rear disc brake, only front has disc brakes and caliper in the rear.

Last edited:

Andyinchville1

Manufacturer/Dealer
Dec 26, 2007
Scottsville, VA
HI,

44 MPH !! Sweet!.....I have been quite slow at getting my kit installed....I REALLY have to put it all together!!....I wonder who'll be the first to break 50?

I'll have to PM Easy Rider...I sent him a 38T for his bike (the older one of his with the Morini engine).....THAT may be able to do it...?

Have fun....Ride safely!

Andrew

(I've been to only 34.4 MPH with the engine screaming using a 36T)

Status
Not open for further replies.