FixAFlat in a Can ?

GoldenMotor.com

Wheel Rush

Jun 21, 2008
Hey, I was out fishing and when I returned to my Bike I had a flat, turns out that a tiny piece of wire thinner than a strait pin and about the size of half a small staple, I mean minuscule was in the tire,
I didn't even find it until after a ride on the fixed tire.

I decided after a walk back with all my equipment on board, This can't happen again, so I looked up the quick tire fix stuff and found slime, problem is you have to pump air into it, so I purchase fixaflat in a can, this stuff is for large tires but has anyone tried it for bikes ?

Last edited:

huckersteve

May 20, 2008
Seattle
www.gohuckyourself.com
Heck yeah it works fine in a pinch. Also, just throw that tube out when/if it punctures again, it's a hassle to repair a tube with slime in it.

It's not the ideal solution for flats but to get you home it's totally fine. Just don't over inflate and blow up your tire. I don't know how much pressure those cans have in them or how much volume a given size will inflate, but I suppose it's possible to blow a tube up too much with it..

THey also have it in smaller cans at some department stores specifically for bikes.

Wheel Rush

Jun 21, 2008
Hey Thank you.,
I just read the thread, I carry Fixaflat, very interesting, but when your a couple of miles from home, and the rear wheel has to come off, thats a pain, especially at night, I would rather use the stuff, and ride home and buy a new tube tomorrow ! So if it works OK for bikes, great !