How safe is riding an motorized bicycle? Statistics show that...

GoldenMotor.com

Technocyclist

Motorized Bicycle Senior Technologist
Jul 7, 2008
Asia
I dunno if this qualifies for an motorized bicycle, but here is a link that shows how safe it can be and is highly dependent on the attitude of the rider, and how you ride your motorized bicycle. The article is for bicycles and not motorized bicycles, but it would be interesting to note that it's safer than staying in your living room as the statistics show... :)

http://www.kenkifer.com/bikepages/health/risks.htm

always ride safe, but if you can't then at least try to heal fast painlessly...

professor

Oct 14, 2009
Buffalo ny area
Re: How safe is riding an MB? Statistics show that...

Thank for the link, very interesting.
Now, who but people in someplace warm all year can ride a bike 3000 miles?

tylerlough

May 28, 2008
Mishawaka, IN

I liked the article, but I want to know what changes Ken would have made to the article if he knew he was going to be killed on his bike. I guess there are somethings I'll just never know.

robin

Nov 15, 2008
Penticton British Columbia Canada

I liked the article, but I want to know what changes Ken would have made to the article if he knew he was going to be killed on his bike. I guess there are somethings I'll just never know.
Was he killed on his bike --if so sorry he had such a wonderful site and so inspirational !

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina

If you consider all the possible outcomes of leaving your house...you wouldn't.
If you consider all the things that can happen to you while building these bikes.. you wouldn't.
If you considered all the things that can happen to you will riding the bike... you wouldn't
also if you considered all the possibilities of eating ice cream you probably wouldn't either and im not even going to mention hot dogs.

freewheeling frank

Mar 10, 2009
ridgway colorado

im with ya deacon all the things i shoudnt! all the chemical ive absorbed, inhaled etc just to make a buck, not to mention being a vet, i could make this list so long but i still wake up smiling most days and hey the sun is out today hooray! gotta go split some wood cause it isnt gonna last but the 4 corners weather is coming soon. frank

the new ausped

Feb 10, 2010
australia

Thank for the link, very interesting.
Now, who but people in someplace warm all year can ride a bike 3000 miles?
what defines a day that that you need to light the fire? here in aus 80f lol its too cold to go outside if its lower than 83f