Can I get advise for a powerful 4-stroke setup?

GoldenMotor.com

mesmith

Jun 30, 2011
United States
Ok
Since that's the case, are there any specific bicycles that will for sure fit this engine with the cylinder backwords (for a chain driven setup using the parts listed above)?

Thanks
I'm curious about this myself, since the engine turns counter clockwise, it should work with the clutch on the left side and turn the sprocket the correct way with the setup you posted. My question to you BeaverRat is why do you need 2 mounts, I am planning to use the same plan as you, and want to make sure? Help anybody :).xx.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
it's not a matter of what bicycle might work, it's a matter of gears...
Wayne's bike is without doubt, awesome.
You should build as he did, if at all possible.
IMO
rc

BeaverRat

Jun 27, 2011
WA
I'm curious about this myself, since the engine turns counter clockwise, it should work with the clutch on the left side and turn the sprocket the correct way with the setup you posted. My question to you BeaverRat is why do you need 2 mounts, I am planning to use the same plan as you, and want to make sure? Help anybody :).xx.
One of them is a mount, the other is an adapter plate for the Harbor Freight engine. Both are needed...

Ok, here come some more questions:

How do you mount a throttle onto the engine? (adapt a twist throttle from the standard chinese kits)

Is there anyway to remove the governor without taking apart the engine?

How should I do the exhaust with this thing? Should I use the stock exhaust?

Muchos Gracias

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
DSC_1659.JPG
Here ya go. I removed the stock throttle assembly and added a spring pulling the bellcrank towards the pto side of the engine. My finger is on the spring in the pic. I safteywired the end of the throttle cable thru one of the holes in the bellcrank next to the throttle rod. Then I wire clamped the housing to the bike frame as depicted.

You don't need the adaptor plate. I used the stock BGF mount with two traverse mounted 1/4 x 1 steel bars as adaptors. I bolted the bars to the engine, and bolted the plate to the bars with spacers to clear the engine bolts I tapped the bars for 1/4 threads for the plate/bars connection.

I built my own exhaust by sawing off and reforming the stock manifold with an aceyrelene torch and added 1/2" EMT tubing tailpipe. You can buy redi made kart exhaust or the parts to fab yer own from kart vendors.

After changing the stock exhaust and air cleaner, It was running sorta lean.
I removed my main jet and drilled ot out from.024" to .028" Runs pretty good now!!
TwoSpeedBike.AVI - YouTube

Last edited:

mesmith

Jun 30, 2011
United States
View attachment 41869
Here ya go. I removed the stock throttle assembly and added a spring pulling the bellcrank towards the pto side of the engine. My finger is on the spring in the pic. I safteywired the end of the throttle cable thru one of the holes in the bellcrank next to the throttle rod. Then I wire clamped the housing to the bike frame as depicted.

You don't need the adaptor plate. I used the stock BGF mount with two traverse mounted 1/4 x 1 steel bars as adaptors. I bolted the bars to the engine, and bolted the plate to the bars with spacers to clear the engine bolts I tapped the bars for 1/4 threads for the plate/bars connection.

I built my own exhaust by sawing off and reforming the stock manifold with an aceyrelene torch and added 1/2" EMT tubing tailpipe. You can buy redi made kart exhaust or the parts to fab yer own from kart vendors.

After changing the stock exhaust and air cleaner, It was running sorta lean.
I removed my main jet and drilled ot out from.024" to .028" Runs pretty good now!!
TwoSpeedBike.AVI - YouTube
Hey Wayne, love your bike, very nice :)