"Game Changer" KTM Water Cooled 5 Speed

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
What are we looking at here?
215cc HF Predator engine with the flat top wiseco piston sticking about .012" out of the hole. When you bolt the milled and ported cylinder head back on with the proper thickness head gasket, you are looking at about a 15:1 ratio high compression racing engine. Yes it's a 4-stroke engine. 25hp maybe?

Slogger

Sep 8, 2014
nohio
I haven't been following this thread too closely, but the end product you have there is just plain AWESOME.
I bet that's as much fun as you can have without a license plate on it.
This state, the great midwestern state of NO-hio would have grand mal conniptions if somebody rode that here. If you start to have fun here, Mad Mothers cry on the tv and a swat team shows up with blood in its eye. The laws just keep piling up, compounding and becoming indecipherable in their language, almost like they were planned to confound people.
Great job, very impressive build, wow.
That has got to be FUN.
Ya'll are lucky out west, really.

Skyking

Aug 22, 2014
North Central Texas
Thanks Gilbert for the comments, I am not real set on the rad location and very limited to where it can be placed. Not enough space behind the front wheel. I am going to build a mock up tank with the radiator behind a fairing to see if I like it.

I did get the exhaust completed and very happy with the low TT setup. Thanks DMB for the chamber hope you like how it was used.
What pipe is that? Where can I get one, or can you give me the design drawings, or???

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
This is the most innovative build I've seen using an alternative power train. Perfect enough to be a production item but much cleaner and eye appealing. Inspires me, and others I hope, to round up some cheap bikes for the engines and build our own.

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
Hi all --had a discussion at the DTM clubhouse today --the subject being to assemble versus construct

came across a cast iron Clinton today I think 3.5 hp attached to a "Ralph's' generator took some torch cutting and some sledge hammering to get it separated - weighs a bit!!!

go to it Dale you are well along with all of your fabrication skills maestro
they all do not need to go a million miles per hour!!!!

Last edited: