New bottem end and fairly new top end.

GoldenMotor.com

paulroberdsc7

Oct 18, 2011
Bay Area Northern Cal.
Hey there Norm maybe you can help me. I have a sky hawk 66 top and lower end kits i picked up from Kings motorbikes running a NT speed carb witch I feel good about eliminating all air leaks from and have left untouched. Ive got it all back together and cannot get one stroke to kick. Ive got spark fuel everything is flowing good but will not pop at all. checked plug looks wet and sparks like crazy even shot a small blast of either in the plug hole and quickly reinserted plug and kicked her over expecting at zptzptleast a pop but got nothing. Even went down a steep hill but never once did she pop. my head gaskets are good and new torched at 10 ft lbs and by observing the crank case I cant find one leak anywhere. HMMMMM so here i am stuck on stupid. Got any input to that Norm I would appreciate it Thanks
Paul.............

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Sounds like maybe timing is off. either the magneto key is out of it's slot or the magneto rotor is on backwards, it happens when rebuilding.
with the magneto key slot straight up the slot should be a little off set to the right. If you have the nut off the magneto shaft you might be able to see if the key is still in place.

Could be you need to try a new clean dry spark plug gap the plug at 0.017 to 0.020 then give it a try. Airing the engine out will help get rid of alll the excess fuel, leave the plug out drop the clutch and pedal to let the piston push out the excess fuel.
be sure to leave the fuel off . Fuel mix no less than 20 to 1. This might seem extreme, but 32 to 1 will work even for break in.

Last edited:

rob.smith

Oct 1, 2011
sd
looking to buy a new top end for my skyhawk gt5. where can i find a kit that would fit that with everything that i would need?