my henderson tribute

GoldenMotor.com

charliechaindrive.

Nov 20, 2011
staples mn
....eventually...
But I made a exaust out of some old pipe fitings and a curved shower-curtain rod I found in my grandpas junk trailer. It connects to a funky tube thing that I just stuck the stock muffler onto that sits under the peddal crank.from my plans it should fit once I get the frame welded but, dad has kind of burryed it behind cabnets that have drying varnish so, gotta wate for a while to get t out of his garage.

Last edited:

charliechaindrive.

Nov 20, 2011
staples mn
Made som small progress, I've "aged" the engine by removing the un-needed guards and sutch. The thing that the pull start wheel engages on is just a wee bit smaller than the one compatable with the crank starter. Can someone shed some light on how I could remove it?

charliechaindrive.

Nov 20, 2011
staples mn
A small amount, I've gathered a lot of materals (parts for fork, sheet metal for tank and a glass sedement bowl thingy) but dad is h*ll bent on re doing the entire kitchen so can't weld the frame. I put together the clutch system (goldy's system) at school in metal shop. And I've decided to go for simplicity and so the handlebars won't be crowded, to have a foot rear brake and that's it. Moped hub.

My metal shop teacher designed a fork that looks like the one used on a minneapolis cycle. Using bar stock and a 24 inc fork cut down and straighend. This phone is making me angry because I can't post pics because I've got plenty of them

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
I like the lowered CG very much!
and the forward stretch...

The cantilever ratbike I just gathered is way too short coupled to be useful.
Even for my 5'4" SO...

Best
rc

charliechaindrive.

Nov 20, 2011
staples mn
Thanks, I an debating on wether to get the count to dish the sides of the tank, more like a minneapolis than, a henderson because the minneapolis is a big single cylinder instead of a four cylinder. The frame is.roughly 55 inches axel to axel and the space for the motor is 14½ inches. For the whole middle area I've got it set up at 22 inches. Top tube to the bottom of the loop.

The forks are alittle complicated,and I need to find a big-ish spring for it. The front leg spring thing is a 40 inch peice of barstock total that will be bent with a 3 inch seperation for the tire inthe center. Baisicly from there it will be like a monark fork with the rear legs bobbed off and only a single spring.

Last edited:

charliechaindrive.

Nov 20, 2011
staples mn
Um, this just hit me, what do I do about the handlebars? Because I sit probably 30 inches or more from the stem (I'll measure it when I go out to the shed in a hour or two) and I have short arms. Maby do what silverbear did and just weld on sections of old junk bars onto another pair to lenghten them?

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
there's a number of things going on with the bars, charlie...

the look, the feel, the leverage applied to steering, and interference with yer knees, (if pedal equipped), and rider stance.

there's a number of different ways to deal with it.... size, mounting position, and height and length.

I would definitely tack-weld scraps together for handlebar testing, before making a final decision!

I like apes for feel and comfort.
and I could NOT use BTR bars at all. Period! Just wouldn't work for me.
the old, classic styled, swept back, jumbo beach-cruiser styled bars are dandy for walking speed pedaling along the beach-front promenade, but IMO, a nightmare when you get moving at a fast clip. They put the rider in the perfect 'perched -forward - launch - upon - impact position.

IMO...

Every one's got their own! lol

Good luck!
rc

...I got a girder pic I'll dig our for you... if I can find it !

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Here's the girder I found... I like the spring a lot!
perhaps u could do something along this line????

can't remember if I grabbed this pic at RRB's or the non-family type site...

Best
rc

Attachments

charliechaindrive.

Nov 20, 2011
staples mn
Wow, that's epic but alittle out of my construction abilitys :(

I think the count is puting up some more recent photos of the crank starter and my whole mock up on my shed floor.

monark

Feb 1, 2012
sweden
Well,I've tried to post pics but the menu dosent agree with my cellphone. Just now I've had tomake a fewchanges to the motr mount and to put it in a nutshell, it resembles the way you mounted the motor in your bsa goldy.
hello charlie,i too had a lot of hassle with the cellphones camera,without going thru much trouble with diff. sites and uploading here and there try getting a SD card adapter,sd micro to ordinary sd size.take the micro sd out of the camera-into adapter-into computer. it seems to accept or convert the size alot smoother than using a usb cable phone-computer.aint directly silky smooth but it worked for me. HTC Incredible S. good luck