Revisiting Whizzers Past

GoldenMotor.com

Mike Notigan

Apr 11, 2011
Florence Twp, New Jersey
Ray,
This is a great compilation of old Whizzers you have put together! And a great look at the history of these early models. I'm hoping as time goes on you can continue onward with a look at the modern Whizzer models, too.
Take Care,
Mike

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
Ray,
This is a great compilation of old Whizzers you have put together! And a great look at the history of these early models. I'm hoping as time goes on you can continue onward with a look at the modern Whizzer models, too.
Take Care,
Mike
Thanks Mike, I'll do my best and gather all the information i can muster up.

Ray

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
In 1947 Don White was hired as production manager for the assembled Whizzer bike models. Don White was involved with motorcycle racing, and he built his son, Art, a special framed Whizzer-power bike with 20" wheels that Art, at age 7, could ride at the track. Whizzer learned of it, asked Don to make the tooling for it.
Production was started in May of 1949, and continued until the usual production shut-down in October, but at that point they were several hundred unite back-ordered.
Thus the Sportsman is born. The Sportsman was not a pedal bike like the Pacemaker. It was a complete powercycle, self-contained, with kickstarter and an enclosed generator lighting system.

Ray

Attachments

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
I HOPE ALL HAVE A GREAT THANKSGIVING. Ray

Here's some pics of the last Whizz-in at Fresno, some of these riders are the Delta Whizz-in Riders now, they put on a incredible weekend.

I came home with this one.

I guess you can say, it was most memorable times.

Attachments

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
I'm fortunate (BLESSED) to have two Whizzer Sportsman, one is a vintage, the other is new edition. the vintage is a 1949, only came with 20" wheels, about 200 made at year.
The new edition is a 2000, only came with 24" wheels, one of 288 total.
The new edition is highly modified, but, i still have all of the original stuff to put back to stock.
The vintage has a hp cam.

Ray

Attachments