Finally done

GoldenMotor.com

vvomit

Jun 5, 2010
earth
It's finished maybe a few little changes but for the most part it runs. The build is a Worksman frame with one of Pat's tanks. A Nuvinci hub and shift kit.
35051_135932003106282_100000684498371_229257_2868203_n.jpg

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon

vvomit

Jun 5, 2010
earth
the hub is great. I found all I need to do to hold the engines sweet spot is to let off the gas a little to let the hub freewheel then then rotate the shifter until the freewheel engages.

hoodoo

Dec 26, 2009
Buda, Texas
It's finished maybe a few little changes but for the most part it runs. The build is a Worksman frame with one of Pat's tanks. A Nuvinci hub and shift kit.
View attachment 26904
Great bike! Are you in Texas? Would like to get the Kingsbury special and this bike together. Am trying to get a little "club" started in San Marcos/San Antonio/Austin region (with a couple of appearances at the Kingsbury Texas air fair (and hopefully others). I am currently working on a 1909 Indian tribute (will be cutting and welding the frame), but am very excited about these near stock Worksman frame bikes as this would allow our group (well trying to form a groupl in getting a variety of bikes out). Right now, MarkV is in the material acqusition stages for a Triumph tribute that isn't far from what you have.

al

MarkV

Jun 14, 2010
Austin, Texas
Vvomit,

Well now that Al a.k.a. "Hoodoo" has let the cat out of the bag, yes, I have been thinking of a Triumph tribute bike. Here's a picture of my first attempt...

OK, OK, I am just kidding. That's a photo of the real thing; a British 1914 Triumph from the Yesterdays auction website. Like Al says I am in the planning and parts gathering stage.

I don't mean to hijack the thread though. I am posting here because I wanted to point out the amazing similarity between Vvomit's new bike and the 1914 Triumph. Vvomit, were you aiming at a Triumph tribute? Your bike is only about a +/-5 inch stretch, an authentic engine, new handlebars, and some other cosmetic tweaks from crossing the line between "tribute" and "replica". Check it out:

If you are aiming at the Triumph, I may go a different way. I am in a holding pattern until I get my bike and haven't officially established a historic bike to pay homage to with a tribute.

By the way, I want to register my vote for you to name it the "Vvomit Ccomet"!

PS - Interesting user name. There must be a story behind it!

MarkV

.shft.

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Can't believe I missed this whole thread till now! Cool looking build for sure. Just goes to show the world doesn't revolve around board track racers! Love the cruisers. Nice build.
Pat

vvomit

Jun 5, 2010
earth
I was trying for British influence, with Nortons and Moser being my biggest influence.
norton-model-9.jpg

moser.jpg .

As for My Name Thats Virgin Vomit, I got my knick name after drinking a half gallon of orange juice before I went on a run with a new Running group. The texas heat made the OJ the equivalent of battery acid. After the run I started projectile vomiting between sips of beer.

Hoodoo yes, I'm in San Antonio.

hoodoo

Dec 26, 2009
Buda, Texas
I was trying for British influence, with Nortons and Moser being my biggest influence.
View attachment 26935

View attachment 26934 .

As for My Name Thats Virgin Vomit, I got my knick name after drinking a half gallon of orange juice before I went on a run with a new Running group. The texas heat made the OJ the equivalent of battery acid. After the run I started projectile vomiting between sips of beer.

Hoodoo yes, I'm in San Antonio.
We have to get our bikes together, mine is not old enough to date yet though. Kingsbury would be a great place to bring it out and shoot a movie of them running together (very good location), I just strap mine on to the bicycle rack on the back of the Corolla. Do you have any events where you might consider taking it? Every Saturday evening at Cabela's in Buda the Buda gearheads have an informal parking lot show, my bike when over well there. Great stuff to see, Model T's, currently building to speedsters, WWI triplane, various biplanes, grass airfield, great photo ops. We have an airfair coming up in November pioneerflightmuseum.org Our next workday is probably in August but I can send you can email, sometimes we have different days we get together....totally informal. Here is my email. The more of these we can get together the more opportunties of getting things going and maybe get some more people building. [email protected]

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Hoodoo,
An event at a local airfield? Is that what your eluding to? That would be cool. I spend one day every other weekend working at a local air field in Hollister, Ca. I keep thinking I need to bring one of my bikes out there to photograph in front of some of the old war birds. Lots of Stearmans, a couple P51's, even an old Curtiss flyer replica that looks to be about a 1918 design. I have an old cruiser I built up for my wife. It's like a 1952 Schwinn Panther that I gave a military paint job to. Planned to paint the chrome fenders but she won't let me. It is super comfy and handles great.

hoodoo

Dec 26, 2009
Buda, Texas
Absolutely. I am a volunteer at this airfield that is a flying museum, grass field, you can see it at pioneerflightmuseum.org We fly "our" planes and also use them for photo ops were we push them out and let people pose with them etc in a natural grass setting. Also drive around the model T's and the like (we also have a runnign 1921 Triumph H and a 1917 Indian we keep working on getting running). These motorized bikes give an outstanding historical impression especially accompanied with period clothes, even overalls and a newsboy cap works. The impact of these bike increase exponentially with other historic artifacts, etc. Mine was a huge hit at our airfair in May. Also a great place to bring them down and run them, something "right" about running on grass and dirt road at the field, under trees, etc. We Texans are more limited where we can ride our bikes so we have to be more creative. I have posted some pics of my Kingsbury Special, with black dog, Curtiss jenny, and the special, one of my favorite pics....a plane, a "motorcycle", and a black lab....doesn't get much better than that. I also rode my bike in a small town Parade a month back and everyone loved it, I was in a "doughboy" outfit, a bit comical but great fun sharing the fun with others. These bikes really attract attention even from motorcycle jockeys.... There is the best collection of WWI replica aircraft in the US somewhere in California and he pulls them out now and again I think, name is Javier Arango, can't remember where he is located...I am also taking mine out to my living history events from now on where anythng WWI or living history is being done. IF you can find any living history groups near you there is always opportunity to do things. I am also going to take mine to my local CAF airfield next time just for fun. Everyone always wants to ride it wherever it goes (I don't let just anyone ride it though--it's no toy except for most adults!). I am also going to take it out to the antique motorcycle show near Austin this fall.