HauSheng 4CYL Carburetors

GoldenMotor.com

fritzalee

Jul 15, 2008
I purchased a inframe 4 cycle kit with the HauSheng 49CC motor, there must be two different types of carburetors, the carbs I see here on the Forum are a float type, while I have the diaphram type with the primer bulb and overflow tube that would be used for a motor with a gas tank mounted somewhere other than above the motor. I am having trouble with the carburetor flooding, and gas drips from the overflow tube. This thing started just fine, (second pull), test road it down the road at 1 mile it started to bog down, then stopped, I peddled my fat self home and tried to make some adjustments, having no luck. Any ideas on what the trouble is? Should I try the float type carb?.bf..bf.

Hi fritzalee,

Thanks for the picture! First of this type I have seen on the HS motor. Which kit is is on? I have had great success with the stock HS carburetor [float type]. Looks like your carburetor is sitting at an angle, and may allow motor to run in other positions than level.

If you can't get it to work correctly, call me @ 252-475-0406 and I will try to help you.

Have fun,

fritzalee

Jul 15, 2008
Quenton,
The carburetor is mounted at an angle, looks like a weedwacker carb. The kit came from Gasbike.net, could not tell you if the kit is any good or not, I haven't got more than a mile drive time on it and had to pedal back home. My friend and neighbor used to have a small engine shop, I'll ask him for some help, I will keep your phone number handy if we can't figure this problem out. Also where could I buy the HS float type carburetor?
Thank You for your reply.
Fred

RusticoRay

Oct 3, 2009
6mi. from the Old North Bridge
wouldn’t mind that choke lever... the one on the new carb is pretty inconvenient.... speaking of which.... is that something that can be changed?
I used a hair thingamabob of my daughters to hold the choke closed when cold starting.I couldn't be in three places at the same time, giving throttle while pull starting asnd holding the choke closed. Cheap and worked well. I ended up buying this carb and it worked fine Page Title.

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
that type of carb has an air passage cut into the face of the manifold to pulse pressure into the small pressure port hole in the carb to work the diaphragm, if they just slaped those carbs onto a stock hs manifold without the passage way because they were out of the float bowl carbs it's not going to work.

[email protected]

Sep 25, 2009
San Diego
I used a hair thingamabob of my daughters to hold the choke closed when cold starting.I couldn't be in three places at the same time, giving throttle while pull starting asnd holding the choke closed. Cheap and worked well. I ended up buying this carb and it worked fine Page Title.
Thanks Ray,

I have that carb already... I just don’t care for where the choke lever is located.... it has cause problems with the frames on three builds now.... sticks up too far... but thanks for the helps

fritzalee

Jul 15, 2008
Camlifter,
The kits supplier Gasbike.net and me finally came to an agreement; that I should send them the diaphragm carburetor with it's manifold, I didn't send the air cleaner, but later found that it too is different on the float type carburetor, they received my carb yesterday, we'll see what I get in return. I didn't think to take photos of what I sent and can't recall if the plastic manifold had the pulse passage in it.
Thank you for your reply, I'll keep the forum informed as to the outcome.
Fred

fritzalee

Jul 15, 2008
Here is an update on my last post. I finally received my carburetor from Gasbike.net, of course it was used and the choke lever looks to have been burned off, the stem is still there must have been up against something hot like the exhaust, the removeable part of the air cleaner was also missing, I jury rigged a piece of foam rubber with cable straps to keep the dirt out. After all is said and done this carburetor does work, now I need to find an after market air cleaner that will fit this HS engine. I would also like to note that I received more help with this problem from the folks on this forum than I ever did from the people I bought the kit from. Thank you Terry and Gunther.
Fred