motor failure.

GoldenMotor.com

squeakmighty

Aug 14, 2009
gaithersburg MD
i have a craftsman 32cc weed eater, on my bike... when i ride (clutchless, pedal start) it idles, then
dies. it will die instantly if i give it gas. im a newb but i believe it is the needles

IF not let me know

if it is please tell me ... WHERE ARE THEY!??

i looked on the carb, and i see two screws, next to each other, but i don't know if that's them or not.

if it is which is high or low??

the screws are located in what looks like an electrical port.

this is what i think is them

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
the high side is usually on the left and the low on right. turn in the left (high) all the way and then back out a couple turns and then turn in the right(low) and back out about 4 turns . that ought to get it going then have to do some tweaking once it's running. the high side should be adjusted after running in a wide open throttle to get the most out of it and then and then the low side for idle to keep it running without dying.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
you need to take it off the bike wheel to test it. Also check your chokes to be sure it isn't damaged. Check the air breather to make sure it isn't clogged... how old is your gas. All these things can cause the same systems. You are turning the choke off after it starts right.

The choke instructions are to choke it till it tries to start ... half choke till it picks up then turn it off. You did know that right? Thats why whenever I built a WW bike I always had a way to lift it from the bike to start it. Then I lowered it onto the bike after it was running.

squeakmighty

Aug 14, 2009
gaithersburg MD
the high side is usually on the left and the low on right. turn in the left (high) all the way and then back out a couple turns and then turn in the right(low) and back out about 4 turns . that ought to get it going then have to do some tweaking once it's running. the high side should be adjusted after running in a wide open throttle to get the most out of it and then and then the low side for idle to keep it running without dying.

sorry about the quality... had to be close to get to show you what i mean. i dont know very much, kinda new and my nieghbor helped me a lot.i will giv them a turn tho :)

squeakmighty

Aug 14, 2009
gaithersburg MD
you need to take it off the bike wheel to test it. Also check your chokes to be sure it isn't damaged. Check the air breather to make sure it isn't clogged... how old is your gas. All these things can cause the same systems. You are turning the choke off after it starts right.

The choke instructions are to choke it till it tries to start ... half choke till it picks up then turn it off. You did know that right? Thats why whenever I built a WW bike I always had a way to lift it from the bike to start it. Then I lowered it onto the bike after it was running.

i cant lift the wheel , it is pedal start, no clutch. no ripcord. needs the wheel to start

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
You can start those engine with a rope wrapped around the drive shaft. But on the bike it is going to be very hard to adjust the carb. Good luck with your project don't give up;

squeakmighty

Aug 14, 2009
gaithersburg MD
You can start those engine with a rope wrapped around the drive shaft. But on the bike it is going to be very hard to adjust the carb. Good luck with your project don't give up;
wont the rope just whip around? besides i can start it by pedaling... could the carb be just one screw?

generalmyers

Jul 13, 2009
Pasedena, Md
if there is a nut or something on the crank then you should be able to use a drill to start it while its not on the bike but thats only if the crank goes all the way through the engine like mine does