Diane's EZ-Bike

GoldenMotor.com

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
Wifey's Bike, you didn't build one for your wife???

Hi guys, ok.....you know, now that we get about a million miles per gallon, and the bike can be started with a simple pull of the rope, Wifey is gonna want one herself?

This was an old faded Candy Red Murray (circa 1980) that was out back in the "Wall of Shame" with other project bikes.

I let her pick her color from a stunning array of rattle cans, and the saga begins! A quick detergent wash, quick sanding, and I begin to lay on color (I wish it was PPG from my new top-loader, but this time rattle can).

Stuff about the little bike, geeze where do I start?

OK wow, Pedal extenders and Exhaust manifold by Miles (swim engineering), Pipe is EZ Motorbike Ez-pipe, with clamp and fishtail.

Mount is brand Gr, if you are not careful the sideways adjusting slots on this type will cause your engine to be in crooked and throw chains and cause premature hair loss (from pulling it out in handfuls).

Kit is standard, tranny cover was smashed in a shipping accident so I vynlaled it to match the accents on the bike. Engine cover painted black with Plastic paint. Briggs and Stratton fuel filter. Tank is NOS Grube silver from a Starfire kit.

Tranny mount is a seat post clamp, allthread, and some nuts and lockwashers.

Front fork is inexpensive new 1" MTB with center pulls, front wheel 26x1.75 tire Cheng shin 26x1.5 street slick. Bars and stem are stock Murray circa 1980. Levers are matching locking levers one type that we had supplied with kits.

Rear wheel 24x2.125 type Goodyear type Cheng Shin blackwall, HD tubes, 8-ball 1950's style valve caps..

Gearing 9x48x 24 Balloon, accelerates well pulls away from stop VERY easily, easier for Wifey to handle, and to manage the clutch, faster ratio than my bikes.

Saddle is Velo webspring flamed with blue outline. Seatpost is Murray with a slice of modern post I welded to the top to fit modern saddle.

Sprocket is "Lucky Seven" type, crank is old 20 bike forged steel American, Chain is KMC Chrome and needs to be either adjusted or cut again. Vintage White pedals are AMF 1960's vintage.

Rear shorty fender is NOS 24" wald Front, cut. Wald brace. Rear reflector must be orig Murray equiptment because I did not move it.

Center stand is Nuvo cast alloy, powder coated I've been selling these for years.

If I missed anything please ask, BTW if it was not truly clear, apparently "Parts is Parts'?

Hope you like it, she does!

Mike