i get back from vacation......and my bike won't start!!

GoldenMotor.com

the_edge150

Dealer
Aug 21, 2008
Monrovia,CA
well, i went on vacation to my homeland for 4 months (not really a vacation, but trying to avoid someone :) ) and my bike doesn't spark anymore. it has a very faint one, i have tried switching CDI's, got a new spark plug, a new boot, still nothing. i creaned the magneto, because it was oily, and yet, still nada. any suggestions? .we.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Hope your fuel is not old? Two weaks max storage on two stroke mix then performance from it starts going down. Check your fuel delivery maybe clogged at the tank screen. If that tank screen fall apart the kits petcock will always be clogged . I threw out the stock tank screen and petcock. I use a swamp cool valve now never had a prob again. Hope that helps..

the_edge150

Dealer
Aug 21, 2008
Monrovia,CA
i have a Briggs and stratton petcock on there i got from brock's saw and mower down the street from me for about 3 bucks,probably the most well-built part on my bike! and the fuel is about 3 weeks old, because i let my friend borrow it while i was gone, and he left it alone about a month ago from what he says.