carb fine tune help

GoldenMotor.com

donegood

Jan 1, 2012
San Diego
I'm having trouble fine tuning my new skyhawk 66. Once its warm and at idle. I can start out great but when I reach mid speed I have to keep adjusting the choke for start out and top speed. If anyone knows what Im talking about I could use help.

recon chris

Apr 28, 2011
pacific grove
What style of carb do you have NT, CNS,? The problem is caused by your main jet it sounds like if you have a CNS crab that has the choke on the handle bars your having to engage the fule enrichment circute thus adding more fule at high rpms. Changing the main jet to a larger main jet corrects this problem. (Sorry for misspelling)

frozenveinz

Sep 25, 2011
Washington
Recon my bike used to do the same exact same thing, but the main jet was too large, not small. It would be lean down low, then 4 stroke at high speed.

donegood, check your spark plug, if it is black, then you are running rich, white lean. Adjust you c clip down on the needle if you are lean, up if you are rich. You should NOT need to use the choke after warm up.

If it bogs down, that means you are runing lean, if it sputters, or 4 strokes, you are rich.

The c-clip only adjusts at low to 3/4 ish throttle. Wide open throttle is your main jet. Same dealio, black rich, white lean, bog lean, sputter rich.

Hope this helps.

Last edited: