Dellorto Main Jet Thread Size Question

GoldenMotor.com
I bought a main jet from one of the retailers ads from the site here. I don't want to complain so I won't mention who.

I got my jet in the mail today. I am running a stock nt carb from a BGF kit BTW. The new main jet is the correct size height and diameter as the old one, but it won't thread onto the nozzle more than 1 full turn.

Obviously the thread count is wrong, but I read that Dellorto jets were an exact match for these carbs, and even says so on the site I ordered it from.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? Did I get an odd sized nozzle or bad jet or ???

Again, I'm sure you guys know where I got the jet from, but I am not complaining to them until I figure out it's not user error.

Update:
I got in contact with the retailer yesterday and swapped some emails. Apparantly this is the second case that he knows of this happening. The first guy just threaded the main jet in anyway.

I am afraid of doing that as I am not sure what main jet size I need yet. If I force this one in and I can't get it out for some reason I will have to buy a whole new carb as I haven't found the emulsion tubes sold seperatly.

Any advice would be appreciated here.

Last edited:

circleball

Aug 24, 2010
south texas (sea level)
ok, i had got a dellorto style carb (racing) from jnmotors and one from thatsdax. i was going to use the .68 jet from the jnm for my new carb from dax and the threading was DIFFERENT. so now i am trying to figure which i need i counted the threads and the new one is a five spread. im going to try the one from sick bike parts. BTW i DID rejet the carb. down to a .68

Tohri

Aug 28, 2010
People's Republik of Massachusetts
Get yourself a 5MM tap from the hardware store (If you're lucky) and clean out the threads. If it's a real dellorto carb, those threads are correct thread spec, the ones in your carby weren't tapped right. I've run into this problem over and over with these little chinee engines, there is no attention to detail given. As a mechanical engineer, I am appalled, but as a mechanic with full workshop, I'm delighted that it gives me something to mess around with.