Lollipops

GoldenMotor.com

ferball

Apr 8, 2010
NH
Ran across the "lollipop" while researching how to make my own muffler. Has anyone tried this on a China Doll? It seems like it is basically a choke for the exhaust to control back pressure. Does this work on a two stroke, or is it a four stroke mod only? Seems like an easy and interesting answer to a tuned pipe.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
My guess is it would have the same positive effect on a 2 stroke, but would be pretty loud.

ferball

Apr 8, 2010
NH
What if the "lollipops" were installed in front of the baffles on a long pipe, would that offer tunability and keep it quiet? I am planning on building a muffler I lack the precision skills/patience to make a tuned pipe, so I was thinking this might be fun to try, but I want a quiet bike more than performance.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Lollipops are supposed to be about 1 or 2 inchs from the end of a straight pipe. If the pipe has a baffle in it, a lolliepop probably wouldn't do anything.

Lollipops aren't really designed to cut down on noise, only to help prevent reversion at low rpm.

I think you're probably thinking of a snuffer, which was kind of like a lollipop, but more like a flat plate you could turn to block the exhaust, and cut noise, or open for performance and more noise.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine