electric motors and barrerys

GoldenMotor.com

DannyBOY

Jul 18, 2010
Manchester
righhhtttt,
im wanting to build a bike like the bike of this website
Stealth Electric Bikes

does anybody have any idea where they would of got the motor and battery pack from?
the reason i want to know is becouse ive asked how much these bike cost and they said £7000 so.. i thought i would see how much the motor and the battery pack cost? and try to build one over time.

ive search alot and couldnt find anything.. im hoping somebody on here has some idea and experience of building electric bike :D

Thank's :):-||

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
except for that shape it looks like a pretty standard hub motor and lithium battery pack. some of the others around here can give you the specifics. I would guess it was either 48 or 60 volts though if it is high performance.

jdcburg

Jul 9, 2009
massachusetts
Hi DannyBoy - If you are interested in high-performance ebikes, I would suggest that you do some research over on Endless-sphere.com. Probably start with the ebike general discussion page - Endless-sphere.com • View forum - E-Bike General Discussion. While of course you can spend as much as you want, you might find you can build an RC powered bike that will be at least competitive with that one for less money, and you'll have more fun doing it - jd

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
The Stealth is practically a motorcycle with 4500 watts.
You could add a 1000W hub motor to a used full suspension and save a lot of sterling. Build a battery box from plywood to fit within the front frame triangle and protect your batteries (its tough to ride trails with batteries mounted high on a cargo rack). You can cover the plywood with padded vinyl (like the dash of a sports car).

Your Premier League team will be visiting Houston soon to play our MLS team at Reliant Stadium. Cheers

zabac70

Mar 17, 2010
Belgrade , Serbia
You can buy performance bike for much less money, with better performance (it looks different) in Croatia , for example. Or , if you want to put it together yourself, you can buy Crystalyte 53xx motor over volt it to 96 V nominal, some Kelly controller about 100 A + and Headway LiFePO4 batteries. Full suspension is needed on the bike. It will go 50 miles/h +. You'll need a performance forks and rims and tires too and don't forget the brakes. You are looking at around 1500 pounds , bike and mechanical parts not included. Only fabrication that you'll need to do is box for batteries and controller (depends on a bike design and your personal preferences). Also , you'll need to take care of additional cooling for controller , and maybe motor(few heat sink fins).
There are many variations and ideas about performance bikes , so it'll be very useful to visit the forum that JDC proposed. Cheers