Titan Carb Adjustments

GoldenMotor.com

Oysterville

Apr 20, 2010
Ocean Park, WA
I live at the beach, so my elevation is probably less than ten feet. I have a very basic understanding of 4 stroke motors and know that there's likely some carburetor adjustments that I need to make to account for this extremely low elevation.

Can anyone direct me to good instructions/pics/video of how to make these adjustments? Currently the engine idles pretty rough on my new install (48.5cc Titan friction drive) and I want to straighten that out. Already upgraded to the NGK spark plug.

Did a Google search of this forum and the whole 'net with minimal success, so any help would be ever-so-appreciated.

Monday and Tuesday are my days to work on this, so hopefully something is out there.

Thanks!

Oysterville

Apr 20, 2010
Ocean Park, WA
I will probably end up contacting them, but I'm hoping that this can get resolved in a public forum instead. If I contact them and they help me out, they've helped me out. If the answer is covered in an online forum, it helps many people. I'm all about information sharing. :)

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I will probably end up contacting them, but I'm hoping that this can get resolved in a public forum instead. If I contact them and they help me out, they've helped me out. If the answer is covered in an online forum, it helps many people. I'm all about information sharing. :)
That's easy. Contact Duane and listen to what he tells you about that Titan carburetor then come back and share it with the rest of us. Duane is your best source of information regarding the Titan. He has been involved with them for a long time and knows them inside and out. I could offer some help but you'd do better to go right to the source.
Tom

Oysterville

Apr 20, 2010
Ocean Park, WA
Shortly after sending that email, I get one from Grady asking me to call him. It's what...9:30 at night on a Saturday night? So I call him, and he spends the next 15 minutes talking to me about my situation, including some blue smoke I'd been getting. When I told him that I didn't even have 5 miles on the engine, he assured me that my engine needs more burn-in time (shipping could have gotten some oil in the wrong places as FedEx jockeyed the engine in transit), so he told me to give it time. I also provided a link to my build blog (David Builds a Motored Bike | Cuz I am Cheap, and Gas Is Not) and he noted that the engine should be level when engaged, instead of level when not like it is now. He gave me several ideas on how to fix it, too, as well as telling me that buying that NGK spark plug yesterday really wasn't necessary as the plug they come with are better.

All this at 9:30 at night on a Saturday.

Honestly, i was worried that if I sent an email that I may not hear back until Monday sometime, and I get it resolved THAT FAST. Holy crap, that's what I gotta say.

I'm sold on the service from Grady at ThatsDax.com, and that's saying something because I can be pretty anally-retentive about such things.

Freaking awesome...