minor problems

GoldenMotor.com

tbolt76

Jul 26, 2009
deltona fl
I have a little problem with the chain rubbing the back wheel but its not real bad at least the tensioner is finally working out and the sproket on the back wheel is set correctly also i have a headlight but it has bot a red wire and a black wire and i have no idea what color to match them to my motor has a black wire a white wire and a blue wire

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I have a little problem with the chain rubbing the back wheel but its not real bad at least the tensioner is finally working out and the sproket on the back wheel is set correctly also i have a headlight but it has bot a red wire and a black wire and i have no idea what color to match them to my motor has a black wire a white wire and a blue wire
Small amount of chain rub on the tire is not too bad as long as it does not chew up tires. Which way do you have your sprocket on? You may be able to flip it and get a little more clearance.

I am not sure what light you have, I hope that the mag can handle the light you have. Red will go to white and the black will go to ground on the frame/motor.

tbolt76

Jul 26, 2009
deltona fl
the headlight works no i just need to solve this chain problem its fine when i pedal but running the motor the chain sometimes bumps into the tire causeing some damage to the edge o the tire any fix to this?

Last edited:

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
adjust your back wheel so the chain doesnt touch tire.
you can flip your sprocket over if that would help or use a thin spacer to move it over, just make sure your chain is still lined up,you can use the tensioner to help line up the chain to the rear sprocket.

tbolt76

Jul 26, 2009
deltona fl
this is so wierd the carberator was leaking gas but i shut off the valve and the leak stopped then i ran the motor with the fuel valve closed and let the carb run dry and opened the valve. no more leaks was the carb just flooded?

tbolt76

Jul 26, 2009
deltona fl
I have a 26*2.125 size tread in the back wheel that is having some clearance issues so is it possible to use a 26*1.95 tread to allow for more clearance safely?

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I have a 26*2.125 size tread in the back wheel that is having some clearance issues so is it possible to use a 26*1.95 tread to allow for more clearance safely?
That is the best solution. If you try to "move" the rear tire over, or run your chain around the titre with the tensioner, you are asking for problems.

A little tire rub is harmless, other than ruining your whitewalls if you have them. Running the chain in an out of alignment condition can be hazardous.