scraping/grinding noise

GoldenMotor.com

blazingoutcast

Mar 28, 2012
st. cloud mn
As i peddle at about the last fourth of the chain there's a scraping grinding noise coming from the clutch area cant figure it out or how to make it shut up when i get my new carbs i wanna b able to ride n listin to the engine hum not scraping n grinding

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
As i peddle at about the last fourth of the chain there's a scraping grinding noise coming from the clutch area cant figure it out or how to make it shut up when i get my new carbs i wanna b able to ride n listin to the engine hum not scraping n grinding
Sound like it may be the chain, what make you think it's coming from the clutch. Might be the chain, chain alignment, or the sprocket teeth needs to be beveled to remove the sharp edges on the teeth.

blazingoutcast

Mar 28, 2012
st. cloud mn
It could be the chain i need to flip my clip but it rode smooth with no grinding or scraping earlier could i have sucked something into my intake causing the noise or clutch pin scraping

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
It could be the chain i need to flip my clip but it rode smooth with no grinding or scraping earlier could i have sucked something into my intake causing the noise or clutch pin scraping
The clutch shaft is isolated from the engine itself, so if you sucked something in it wouldn't be a factor.

As you can see that the two areas are each sealed off from one another. This picture was taken for another thread, disregard the arrow.

Last edited: